CHAPTER 16

After the things that had happened a while ago I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up, grabbed my jacket since it's cold outside and made my way to the veranda.

"Can't sleep?"

"Shit. You scared me." I exclaimed.

"I like the view here, this is my favorite spot." Deanna looked at the skyscrapers.

"Yeah, it's really nice."

"Hey, do you wanna come with me tomorrow? Or should I say later since it's 1:45 AM." she chuckled

"Uhh— where?"

"Every year my family's conducting an outreach program for the indigenous people. So since my parents aren't here I'm the one who will go." Deanna explained still looking at the skyscrapers.

"Ikaw lang?"

"Nope, kasama mga friends ko."

"Uhm.. san ba pupunta?"

"Ifugao, it'll be fun. Are you in?" She asked while looking at me probably waiting for an answer.

"Okay, I'm in."

"Aalis tayo around 5PM, I think 12 hours ang byahe so 5 in the morning andun na tayo."

"Okay, ilang araw tayo dun?"

"Uhm, it depends so magdala ka ng extra clothes."

"Okay, so.."

there's an awkward silence

"Let's sleep na, para ready bukas."

"Okay. Goodnight."

—-

I woke up and made breakfast for Deanna. I made scrambled eggs, fried rice, hot dogs and chicken sandwich. When I was about to wake Deanna up I heard a knock on the front door. I opened the door and saw a stunning short haired girl wearing a shorts and a black sweatshirt. She's really pretty. Omg.

"Hi! Uhm — is this the condo of Deanna or I'm in the wrong unit?"

"I—uhh.. uhm." Damn I was so starstruck that I couldn't say a word.

"Jema, who's that?" Deanna approached us.

"BABY DEANS!" the girl said and ran toward Deanna. They hugged.

"Ponggay, this is my friend Jema." Deanna pointed at me.

WOW 'FRIEND' #friendzoned

"Hey, nice to meet you Jema." she extended her hand for a handshake.

"Uhm. Jema this is Ponggay my unattractive friend." Deanna laughed

"Nice to meet you, too."

"You didn't tell me that you got a hot chick on your condo." she said to Deanna and winked at me.

OMG. SHE WINKED AT ME.

I blushed and Deanna seemed to be jealous.

"Are you guys hungry? Nagluto ako ng breakfast." I offered shyly.

"I'm starving! Let's go!"

Ponggay and I kept on complimenting each other the whole breakfast, she's so funny and damn she's gorgeous af. Deanna seemed to be a little uncomfortable she kept on frowning.

When I was washing the utensils I heard Deanna and Ponggay talking.

"Deans, paano mo nakilala si Jema?"