8

A.N: Here comes the simulation chapter! What will happen, well you're just going to have to read to find out!

***Five Months Later***

“I hope you’ve all prepared to the best of your abilities because as of today, the simulations will commence. You and your team must use your abilities to stop the simulation selected and the reward for doing so is getting out of school early this year. You will have fifteen minutes for your group to complete the mission and any cheating or procrastinating will end in a disqualification for your group. With all this in mind, good luck and may the best group win!” The professor exclaims as everyone goes to see what day their simulation will be.

I walk over the list and skim until I find my group.

“Day 1, sixth group, five tasks, x-mi simulation. “ Louis reads from under my arm as we all take that in.

“What does x-mi mean?” Niall questions as we all look around confused.

“It means exposed mind simulation, they put you in one of your group member’s thoughts and you have to face that person’s fears. The mission will only be completed when all five of you have finished your individual tasks.” Josh says from behind us as we all take in what he just said.

“How will we know which mind we are in?” I ask confused as to how it will all work.

“One of you will realize that the memories being watched are your own, and can choose to tell them to the others or not. As the tasks go on it is harder for you to move on. The last task will fall on the one whose mind everyone else is in.”

“Well that’s just great, any more useful advice before one of us is showing their fears to everyone and becoming a test subject?” Louis remarks sassily while the rest of us wonder who will be seeing whose fears in the next few minutes.

“Remember your training, and make sure you don’t let your guard down. This is going to be someone’s deepest fears and that can cause certain creatures to lurk in the dark and for your sakes, I hope none of you have secrets that could be brought to light through your fears.” While Josh says this I feel four pairs of eyes on me and my heart stop beating for a few seconds.

Before I can say anything or gain my composure a burly guy named Bruce calls out, “Group six you’re up.”

As we walk towards the simulation the only thing I can think is shit.

“Welcome to the x-mi simulation, you will have fifteen minutes to complete the five tasks set out by person on your left. Please grab your task and good luck.” The voice says as we grab our tasks.

“Well, let’s get this over with lads.” Louis says as the simulation starts.

The landscape blackens as the simulation finds a mind to use. Instantly we are all crammed into a chained boxes which Liam get through easily with his laser vision. We all move out of the box as it falls away from the floor. Looking at each other we continue on until we come to a rickety old bridge with little use left.

“We have to cross, but that bridge doesn’t look like it will hold.” Liam states as we all try to think of a solution.

“Hey H-“

“Alright so I can take two at a time over to the other side, but something doesn’t feel right.” Louis says cutting Niall off mid-sentence.

“You can take Liam and Zayn first, Niall and I will stay until you can get them across.” Harry says as everyone looks at him, three confused and one determined looking pair of eyes.

Louis nods and takes Liam and Zayn with him as Harry explains to Niall why he doesn’t want to use his ability unless it is a last resort. Before Niall can comment Louis is back and picking them up. We make it across and the temperature seems to drop several degrees.