1

These are dark times for mutants, so dark that they have all gone into hiding at Charles Xavier’s school for mutants.  Each mutant is to share a room with up to four other mutants. Some mutants are more open with their gifts, and some are more secretive. Our journey beings when five boys meet up in the dorm room.  Harry, Louis, Niall, Zayn, and Liam are all in a room.

Harry’s POV

                I arrived at the school with everyone else, and make it to my room only to discover a blonde boy unpacking his things.

“Hello,” I said, and upon saying this, the blonde boy whips around to see me.

“Hey mate, ‘m Niall.”

“Harry,” I said as I shake Niall’s hand.

“Well, since you’re the last one here you get the bunk above me.”

I look around the room then to see two bunk beds and a single twin bed stuffed in the corner and four other suitcases unpacked with clothes lying everywhere.

Great I think to myself as I set my suitcase down and start to unpack. I felt eyes on me and looked to see Niall staring at me from his bed.

“So, Harry, what is your ability?” Niall asked

“Um, -“ I start to say but then am interrupted by the door banging open and two boys  laughing loudly.

“That was great Li- oh,” The boy with the quiff says.

“Hi, I’m Harry” I say as the other boys introduce themselves.

“Why are you wearing sunglasses inside Liam?” I question.

“Oh, I have laser vision and it blocks my ability somehow. “ He replies.

“Wow, that’s pretty cool, aside from the whole not-being-able-to-see-without-them-thing.” I say

“Yup,” he says and then we all fall silent.

“Hey, Harry you never answered my question.” Niall says as everyone turns to look at me.

“Oh, I’d rather not talk about it if that’s okay with you guys.” I say

“Sensitive topic?” Liam questions.

“Yeah, you could say that.”

After that we told each other a little bit about ourselves we headed to the dining hall for dinner. I knew about where the boys came from and their abilities, except for the last member whose name was Louis. Just then something hit me on the head as I was walking and when I looked up, there was a boy with wings zooming down the hall laughing at me.

“Who was that?” I asked as the boys.

“That was Louis.” Zayn said.

“Oh.” I said.

After that there were no incidents and we made it to the table to sit around. Looking around, there were many other mutants in the room in their own little groups. Everyone else looked right at home, where I’m just the freak who doesn’t belong anywhere. I was snapped out of my thoughts when the professor came and gave a speech before we all dug into our dinner. I wasn’t that hungry so I just picked and kept to myself while everyone else was talking and having a good time. I could feel eyes on me again, and once I looked around I saw Louis staring at me with narrowed eyes. I turn back and decide to just head in for the night.

“Hey guys, I’m going to go back to the room.” I said.

“What, but it’s only seven.” Niall said while Zayn gave me a weird look.