I'm Ready for War

Layla's POV: 

Rosaline was watching over the twins while they slept peacefully in their room. I was pacing back in forth by the front door, as I waited for Seth to pull up. I thought he would be here already but he wasn't. Thought of the worst appeared in my mind. It was hard to shake them off.

I eventually saw headlights appear through the glass. I looked out the window and saw Seth's truck. He parked it in the driveway and hopped out. I couldn't wait any longer, so I opened the front door and ran over to Seth. I jumped into his arms and greeted him with a kiss on the lips.

"What took you so long?" I asked.

"I'm sorry if I took so long, I went to the house and grabbed the bag but I realized that I forgot your clothes, so I had to go back and grab them," Seth explained.

Both of us walked back into the house. I shut the door once we both were inside. He set the black bag on the ground and gave me a quick hug.

"So, what is going on?"

"Alice saw the Volturi coming for us." I began. "Seth, they are coming. It's only a matter of time before they get here, so we need to come up with a plan. Not only for the Volturi but for the twins as well."

***

Later that night, my whole family joined Seth and me in the family room, to talk about what is coming. We had enough vampires to back us up against the Volturi, but we weren't quite sure about what we should do with the twins.

"should they stay here or should we send them off?" Seth asked.

Everyone exchanged looks with each other.

"We should just do what we did with Renesmee," Edward suggested. "It might help convince them."

"Yeah but the only problem with that is we don't know if they are vampires, werewolves, humans, or a combination of those. Besides, Seth is a werewolf, that is something that the Volturi won't be able to look past." Carlisle argued.

"I agree," I said. "I think we should send them off tomorrow morning. I have a go-bag packed and ready to go."

"But who do we send them off with?" Seth asked, with concern.

I looked over at Jacob and Renesmee. "Jacob and Renesmee, would you take them?"

"What? You must be joking!" Seth shouted.

"Jacob is one of our most trusted friends and the twins love Renesmee. They are the perfect fit."

"I have to agree," Esmee added.

Seth was so angry that he stood up and walked off. My heart sank. I know he wasn't happy about this especially with Landon and Charlize being so young, but he needs to realize that this is their best chance at surviving.

"We agree then. Renesmee and Jacob with taking the twins tomorrow morning."