Showing Off Our Abilities

Layla's POV:

When I was walking near the house, I noticed Bella, Edward, Garrett, Kate, and Emmett congregating. I came to a complete stop so I could see what they were doing. After a few minutes of watching them, I deduced that they were putting Bella's shielding skill to the test. Bella made me proud. I couldn't help but smile as I saw her use her gift to broaden her views.

I resumed my walk, but Bella called me over before I could return to the home. I approached the gang of vampires. I was intrigued as to why Bella summoned me, but it didn't bother me.

"What's up?" I asked, once I made it over to the group.

"I was hoping you could show them your skill because they think mine is so cool." Bella clarified.

"What? Why?"

"Please Layla." Bella begged.

I've never been one for bragging or hogging the limelight. It made me apprehensive and uneasy, but I wasn't about to let Bella down. So I took a step back and inhaled deeply while I considered my options. I was aware that all eyes were on me.

I widened my eyes and turned to face Emmett. I knew he was a powerful vampire that was deadly in battle, so I decided to play with him a little. I imagined him approaching Kate and extending his arm to her. Kate's electrical shock spread from her hand as she slid down Emmett's arm. His head was whirling around wildly as he tried to move his body, but it was futile. Then Kate touched Emmett, who collapsed to his knees due to the electrical pain.

I let go of my mental grip over him and laughed out loud with the other vampires. When I looked around, I noticed that everyone was impressed by my abilities. Carlisle's good friend Alistair jumped down from a nearby tree.

He inquired, "What type of ability do you have? I've never seen anything like that."

"I have telekinesis in some ways." I started. "However, I can use my mind, eyes, and body to control it."

"Interesting," Alistair muttered something. "Bella, I'm curious if it works. Even if she's a bulwark."

"It does."

"Show me." Alistair urged.

Now that Bella has her ability, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it on her again. She nodded her head when I looked at her. As a result, I extended my hand to her. Bella took a couple steps back as I moved my hand forward. Then I let go of her control.

"How is that possible?"

"This isn't your typical vampire, Layla." Carlisle came walking over to us and interrupted us. "For many years, she has stayed a newborn. That's why I believe she has Bella under her control. Her talents are far greater than those of a typical vampire."

"How is she still a newborn though?"

"I'm sorry, Alistair, but I don't have an accurate response to your question." Carlisle was quick to answer. "However, she is an incredibly valuable member of our coven and family." 

Carlisle got a smile from me. I owe him a debt of gratitude. After all, I might not be here right now if it weren't for him.