Bella's A Shield

Weeks and days have gone by. New witnesses showed up every day. Many of them with unique abilities of their own. We had a total of eighteen vampires, who agreed to become witnesses to our cause. And that's excluding the two vampires, Vladimir and Stephan. Who simply agreed to help us because they expected a fight to break out between us and the Volturi. Bella met most of them, while I stayed out of sight. I didn't feel like meeting everyone who was going to help us. It just made me think about the Volturi even more than I was. I had no doubt that there would be a fight with them, I just hoped it would never have to come this early.

I was sitting up in a tree, out of sight, when Seth called me from below. I looked down and saw him, with a huge smile on his face. I pushed myself off of the branch and let gravity do the rest. I stood up, once I caught my balance, and walked over to Seth. I greeted him with a quick kiss on the lips, before he took my hand in his.

"What were you doing up there?" he asked.

"I like it up there. It's one of the few places I can be alone and actually think about things." I explained.

"You've been thinking about the Volturi again, haven't you?"

I looked down at the ground in sham. I knew I shouldn't worry about myself, especially since nothing has happened yet. However, I know what the Volturi is capable of, and it scares me.

"I'm sorry, Seth." I apologized. "I just can't get them out of my head."

"I hope you know that I'm not blaming you because I'm not." he started. "I just hate seeing you like this. I can tell you are not happy. And it only makes me want to help you even more."

I looked up at Seth. He was the sweetest guy I have ever met. I was so lucky that I met him. Because if I didn't, I don't know what kind of mess I would be in right now.

"I appreciate that, Seth. And I promise I am going to try to forget about it."

"Good," Seth responded.

The two of us were walking back to the Cullen house together. However, I stopped, which caused him to stop, when I saw a group of vampires gathered around. I remained in the distance, hiding behind the trees as I listened from a distance. I saw the Denali Coven members, Bella and Edward, along with Zafrina and Senna. Carlisle was even there.

Then, I saw Kate grab Bella by the hand as she projected her electrical shock power. But Bella didn't seem to be affected by it. I kept on listening and heard some say that Bella had the ability to shield herself and others. It was her ability.

I was relieved and happy to know that Bella was a shield. It would be a tremendous help for us, but also for her since she has never fought as a newborn before.

"What is it?" Seth asked.

"Nothing," I replied. "nothing at all."

I led Seth in the opposite direction from the vampires. We continued our walk together and I actually found myself forgetting about the matters at hand. Along with the Volturi.