For Eden (From Leah)

Eden, 

As I sit in my (messy ass) room writing in your journal, I am honestly lost for words. I won't lie, I'm probably going to burst into tears, but not out of sadness or resentment at all. In fact, the opposite. I am so proud of you Eden, more than you'll ever know. To answer your question, yes, a part of me always knew you were gay. Even though I will admit, the night we housepartied Julia kind of threw me a curve ball to what I thought. Although I know that would have been a very informal moment all of the sudden to just come out. Something just told me because of all the anxiety you have been facing lately. Since the fifth grade, people around us questioned your sexuality, but I never knew what to think because I always thought it was a little brash to just assume someone's sexuality without getting to actually know someone. That's why when people would say that we would be "cute" together, I just did not feel like I had the right to say, "Honestly, I believe he might be gay." It just was never my place. The more and more we have hung out, the feeling in my gut that you weren't straight began to strengthen. Just from small things like your Sims (my sims are gay), music videos that you would show me, and the fact that we never talked about sexuality. It brings me so much joy knowing that you are finally finding yourself. I will always be there to defend you, love you, and talk to you about ANYTHING. Fuck, I'll be your wingwoman ;). You have been the most understanding and accepting person I have ever met. I will be on your side no matter what challenges you may face. One more thing, of COURSE I WILL WATCH DRAG RACE WITH YOU IS THAT EVEN A QUESTION? Every Thursday at 8 p.m. :) I love you so much Eden.

with love,

Leah