So this is real. It's not just a practical joke...it's real. I've been captured by some crazy and demented fan, and I'm stuck to a chair in the basement.

I try my best to wiggle myself free from the ropes, but I give up when the chaffing starts to hurt. I try a bit more with my legs, trying to break free or at least loosen the restraints a bit. While I'm doing that, the tips of my shoes hit something, and I instantly flinch back.

I curiously look down...and that's when I remember that I'm not alone.

Jade lays still on the ground, a bit too still for comfort. "Jade?", I whisper. "Jade?!", I try again, a bit louder this time. Apparently it works, and I hear a small groan of pain. "Jade?! Oh thank God you're alive."

She groans again, and I wait patiently as she slowly rolls over onto her back. When she does, I see the blood that now stains her shirt, and I see the pained grimace on her face.

"Jadey!? Are you okay?", I ask, even though I already know the answer from her small whimpers.

"Fine.", she breathes out through a wince.

"No you're not, Jade. I can physically see the damage they've done to you." She tries to lift her head, but it just falls back to the ground with a small thud, she letting out yet another small whimper that makes my heart crack. "On a scale of one to ten, how badly are you hurting? And be honest."

"Eleven.", she whispers, attempting to open her eyes for the first time. I see her have to adjust to the light just like I did, then she slowly turns her head to look up at me. "They tied you up...", she states, her eyes landing on the rope that keeps me rooted to the chair.

I nod, then notice that Jade hasn't been tied up to anything, the only restraint being her hands tied behind her back. That must mean that they know she's too damaged to move on her own anyway...just the thought makes my blood boil.

"The ropes are too tight, I can't get free.", I mutter, and I see her nod. I watch her slowly but surely force herself into a sitting position (she letting out a few quiet cries of pain along the way, making my heart ace). I itch more and more to get these ropes off, desperately wanting to hold my poor Jadey and help take care of her.

I suddenly feel her starting to rub her head on my leg, and I furrow my brow in confusion. I'm even about to ask what she's doing...but then I hear it.

The light clanking noise of metal dropping to the ground. Jade turns her body and uses her hands behind her back to grab whatever just dropped, and just as her hands are covering it, I realize what it is.

A bobby pin.

Of course. She was using my leg as a way to force the pin out of her hair.

Before I can praise her and her genius idea, we hear muffled voices, and Jade drops back down to her original position, making sure to cover the bobby pin.

The door bursts open, and footsteps race down the stairs. I don't even bother to look up when I feel the presence of someone in front of me.

"Look at me, Edwards."

I ignore the order and keep my head down.

"I said LOOK AT ME!", the voice orders, and soon I feel a hand smack against my face...hard.

"Don't you dare touch her!", a strong voice shouts from the ground, and my heart flutters when I realize it's Jade.

"And what are you gonna do about it, little one? You can barely even move." The girl kicks Jade hard in the stomach, and she winces a bit, but still glares at the grazed girl in front of me.