Anxious

A/N: 'hey man, can you make a one-shot were jade has a crush on perrie but she always runs away from her at first contact and jesy and leigh are kinda annoyed by this so they set them up to conquer jade's fear?' ISN'T THIS JUST THE CUTEST THING? I THINK THIS IS SO CUTE. SO I DID THE THING.

Side note: might be kind of triggering if you have anxiety and stuff.  Also, please don't hate me because I really have realized that I can't write anxiety very well.  I have it, and I understand it, and that's why I feel like I haven't done it justice.  So, before you comment that, please know that I already am thinking that.

***

"That is complete rubbish."

Leigh-Anne huffs, jutting her chin out as she continues to pile tortilla chips onto her plate.  "It's nacho day, Jes.  A.K.A. cheat day."

"You had your cheat day yesterday when we went out for ice-cream."

"Nachos are always deserving of a cheat day," Leigh says matter of factly, looking straight into Jesy's eyes as she scoops up a large serving of melted cheese and spreads it all across her plate. 

Jesy just laughs and nudges her along forcefully so that she can get her own food.  The action is unexpected for the nacho lover, always the clumsy one as she loses her balance and goes leaning to the right.  Thankfully she only brushes against Jade, that helping her regain her balance.  Unfortunately, while Leigh was caught off guard by Jesy's push, Jade is also caught off guard from Leigh's push, pitching forward and unable to stop herself.

She's not like Leigh, so no nacho cheese goes spilling onto the person in front of her, and somehow none of her food even lifts an inch off her plate.  She only smashes into whoever it is, their back getting stabbed with her plate, sure, but nothing more before she quickly stumbles and staggers for balance, finding it just as the person turns around.  

Blonde hair.  Blue eyes.  A smile that gets Jade all flustered. 

Perrie Edwards.

She just had to be pushed into her crush.

Thanks Leigh.

"Hey, you alright?" the blonde asks, being the sweetheart she is when she instead could've totally yelled at Jade for bumping into her.  She's just such an angel, and it makes it kind of hard for Jade to breathe.  

"Uh-I..uhm, well, uh-I am?"  Perrie waits patiently for the sputtering mess to be done, raising one of her perfect eyebrows at Jade's attempts to reply.  Of course said stutterer goes red in the face, squeaking once before turning on her heels and promptly escaping the scene with a brisk walk, head down and hating the feeling of various eyes on her as she soon changes tactics and starts running. 

Perrie watches her go, confused and feeling slightly guilty.  Did she say something wrong?  Did she have a weird look on her face?  All she knows is that she must've done something to make the girl flee.

It sucks because this happens every time they interact.

And she hates seeing her go.

Perrie isn't popular, and neither is Jade.  They're on the same spectrum, pretty much the exact same level, so Jade doesn't have any reason to be scared or intimidated by her.  Throughout all of high school she's always noticed the petite brunette, thinking she was pretty and seemed like a really nice friend to have.  There's always just been something about Jade Thirlwall that's made her interested in getting to know her and establish something between them, but she's never had the time to speak to her.  Now that it's senior year, though, and most of her classes are electives instead of cores and requirements, she has plenty of time to kick back and spend time with other people.  But, ever since starting her mission of speaking to Jade, she's noticed that the girl seems to be afraid of her or something, because she always gets all nervous and wide-eyed, running off much like she did just now.