He's Actually Quite The Genius

AN: Okay so here's my new story and frankly its going to be kinda boring at first before we get into it, please be patient. Thank You for taking the time to even read this. Please vote and share, I appreciate it!

I sit down at my usual lunch table very slowly and carefully. My arms burn, my legs ache, and my stomach is sore to the point of no laughter for at least a couple of days. Pushing my food tray aside, I lay my pounding head on the cool surface of the table. The excruciating pain I'm feeling now was the result of my late afternoon gym session yesterday. I was there at the gym, from 4-6 every other day, minding my own business might I add, when low and behold the front door of the gym swings open. Luke Hemmings, the notorious bad boy, strolls in like he owned the damn place. Luke was my brother's best friend and when I say best I mean, like, best practically brother friend. I also knew Luke from school, he was constantly in the Dean's office, always got caught skipping, he had the "I never care, I'm too cool" attitude and a large collection of tattoos, very large.

After Luke put his bag down and stretched a little I watched him pick up a 30 pound weight and then proceed to position himself a few feet away from me. The whole gym was open so he could be anywhere but no he stands practically right on top of me. I rolled my eyes and continued to do my lifting, that's when he spoke up.

"Wow Kady, I thought you were stronger" He said a little too smug. I glared at him then at my 15 pound weights. I didn't really want him showing me up so I went over and grabbed the 20's then he grabbed the 35's. We went like that for a while until he leveled up to 40's and I 25's. We finally stopped when I was pushing my limit on 30's and probably his on 50's. That little episode probably lasted about 45 minutes of trying to show each other up, which was usually how we interacted. I watched Luke set his weights down and stretch his arms, I smirk even though the fire of pain was spreading through both my arms.

"Great workout Kadence, we should meet up again soon" He said out of breath. I cringe at his use of my whole name. After he left I ran a couple miles nonstop and did a complete ab routine just to show him. And that dear friends is why just the simple things like walking and oh yea breathing! Is so terribly painful.

Finally my two best friends show up, one being my boyfriend Mason and the other the greatest friend a girl could have, Ruby. Both sit on either side of me and get comfortable.

"Hey babe!" I exclaim hugging him and wincing in the process

"You alright?" Mason asks, his eyebrows knitting together

"Mhm" I mumble shifting slightly

He nods re positioning his glasses and sitting taller.

Mason is very mature and proper for his young age. At 18, Mason has a full ride to Yale and has already been featured in many popular magazines. I'm proud yes, but sometimes I felt like a child or even an idiot in his presence. I'm acclimated a little now but for a while there it was extremely bothering. I watch him carefully take out his dictionary and a tuber ware full of sushi. He flips to section P and begin looking at the words and reading as if it was a real book. Rolling my eyes I ask him"Mason, are we going to the game tonight?" I wrap my arms around his left bicep.

"To see a bunch of overrated boys play with a ball and a stick in tight pants? No"

"Mason Please" I pout

"Pouting will not help your case. Baseball has no interest for me. Though, did you know the first world series was played between Pittsburgh and Boston in 1903?"

"Oh Really?" I ask dryly

"Yep, it was a nine game series and Boston won" He says happily