Chapter 21: A Threat

"Are we going to send it out now?" a voice asked on a communication device. "You said after the second one was born, we would start the plan, and Jay's daughter came three weeks ago."

"Mm," another voice said on the communicator. "What if we waited till after the third one."

"Third one? What third one? No one's expecting at the moment."

"I know things that you don't."

"Okay, but right now, there are only two, and you said we would start the plan."

"Fine! I guess we'll still send them to all four though. Just send it out already! We can't waste any more time than we already have!"

"Yes ma'am!."

It has been three weeks since Jacey was born, and life couldn't be any better for Jay and Lonnie. In high school, their respective sports teams became their whole world. It wasn't long before their world belonged to each other. Now, their little girl was the light of their life.

Jay walked downstairs after waking up that morning to find Lonnie bouncing Jacey in her arms in the kitchen. "Morning, Lon," he said, kissing her cheek. "And good morning to you, little one," Jay said, kissing Jacey's forehead. Jacey's big, brown eyes looked up at her father, and she smiled.

"Someone is a happy girl this morning," Lonnie said. "At least she's happier than she was at 4 this morning."

"Yeah, sorry I couldn't wake up and get her," Jay said. "I know you must be tired."

"Jay, you've already done so much for her and for me," Lonnie said. "It's okay for you to get sleep while I get her. Besides, she was hungry, so you would've needed me anyway."

"What do you mean- Oh yeah, right," Jay said, realizing what Lonnie meant.

Lonnie laughed in response. "Can you hold her? I need to start making breakfast."

"Yeah," Jay said, carefully grabbing Jacey from Lonnie. "Hey. baby girl," Jay said as he sat in one of the chairs at the table.

Lonnie smiled warmly as she watched Jay with Jacey. There was no doubt that Jay was already such a great father. "I checked the mail, by the way," Lonnie said, placing a stack of mail on the table.

"Wait, you left Jacey here, alone, while you went to get the mail?"

"Hey, you were here," Lonnie said. "Even though you were sleeping, I felt it was safe enough. You would've woken up if she started crying anyway."

Jay shrugged as he looked through the stack with his one free arm. "What's this?" Jay said, picking up a small envelope. "It says it's for me, but there's no return address."

"That's...weird," Lonnie said, starting to put some eggs onto the pan.

What is this? Jay asked himself. He opened the letter to find a pretty worn out sheet of paper that read "We're coming for you!"

"Lonnie, come look at this," Jay said, holding the piece of paper.

Lonnie approached and looked at the paper. "What does this mean?" Lonnie asked.

"I think this is from the Isle of the Lost," Jay said, looking at the envelope.

"How do you know?"

"On the Isle, it was practice to not put a return address on the envelope. Also, me and my friends used to get threats like these all the time," Jay said.

"Threats?" Lonnie asked, worry beginning to build up in her. "So, you're getting threatened?"

"It seems so," Jay said. "At least, that's what this usually meant on the Isle if you got a letter like this."