Chapter 14: Make Room For Baby

(Again, sorry for the late update. Enjoy the chapter!)

Carlos and Jay were walking through the halls of Auradon Prep, getting ready to head home after the long day at the school. Suddenly, Carlos started getting a phone call.

"It's Ben," Carlos said, showing Jay his phone.

"Hm. Wonder what he wants," Jay replied.

"Hello?" Carlos asked, answering the phone. "Yeah, Jay and I just got off work....Right now?...I mean, we're not doing anything," Carlos took the phone off his ear for a second. "You're not doing anything, right?" Jay shook his head. "Yeah, we're free...Alright, see you then. Bye."

"What was that all about?" Jay asked.

"Ben wants us to meet him at the castle. Before you ask why, he never said why. He just said that it was really important."

"Well, then we should probably start heading over there right now," Jay said. The two boys then started making their way to the castle.

When they got there, they were met with Chad and Doug. "He called you guys too?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah," Doug replied. "What could be so important that he needed to call all four of us?" Jay and Chad shrugged, both not really knowing what was going on.

The group entered the castle. One of the workers for the castle directed them to wear Ben was. Ben was in a room, which looked like it was getting ready to be painted. It also had a ton of furniture that needed to be put together.

"Finally, you guys are here," Ben said. "I've been waiting forever."

"You literally called five minutes ago," Jay said bluntly.

"Doesn't matter. Anyway, I need your guys' help."

"What's going on in here?" Carlos asked.

"This is the baby's room," Ben said. "I decided to surprise Mal with finishing it today."

"Finishing it?" Chad asked. "It looks like you haven't even started."

"Details," Ben said. "Anyway, I figured if I had more people working it, the room would get done faster."

"Where's Mal? This is supposed to be a surprise, isn't it?" Doug asked. "We can't have her walking in."

"I called all of your wives, and they're going shopping," Ben replied.

"Are you serious?" Chad asked. "You seriously stuck Mal in a shopping spree that includes Audrey and Evie. You know how long they're gonna be in the store?"

"Exactly," Ben said slyly.

"Wow. No wonder you fell for the villain kid. You're evil yourself," Chad joked.

"Hopefully Jane and Audrey can handle being with three pregnant women," Jay said. "Lonnie's mood swings kicked in, and I would be terrified to be anyone who's with her right now." The boys chuckled in response. "What about Evie? Has her morning sickness gone down yet?"

"Oh...um," Doug stuttered. "It's...It's definitely....slowing down."

The boys all her confused by Doug's stuttering, but they figured it was just nothing. He also looked a little down, but, like the stuttering, they left it alone. If something was going on, he would tell them, right?

"We should probably get started then," Ben said, clapping his hands together. "Now, Mal isn't exactly the girliest type, so painting the room pink is out of the question. What color should we do this room?"