Chapter 19: Princess Brelyn of the United States of Auradon

Ben stood upon the balcony of the Auradon Chapel. It was this very place where we was coronated and where he and Mal got married. Today was another special day for his family. Today was the day that Brelyn would be presented to the kingdom. It was quite a similar event to Aurora's christening, which was the very event that gained Mal's mother her villain title.

Ben could see the crowds beginning to form. He thought the crowd for his wedding was huge; this crowd seemed to almost be bigger. Ben walked back into the room where Mal was getting Brelyn ready.

"What do you think, Ben?" Mal asked, showing him their daughter.

Ben smiled. Brelyn was wearing a little dress that what white but had a purple gradient at the bottom. "She's beautiful," Ben replied as Mal moved the baby to his arms. Ben bounced her in his arms, in which she smiled. She even let out a laugh. "You're just a happy baby, aren't you."

"Yeah," Mal said with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Ben asked, sensing something in his wife.

"I'm still a little unsure about her future," Mal said. "Don't you think it's a lot for a little girl to take on? I mean, she's just about a month old, and she already has these expectations thrown on her, and the expectations are only going to grow after today."

"Hey, I turned out fine," Ben said.

"Well, you did decide to go onto the Isle about six months into your reign and-"

"And whose fault is that?" Ben asked jokingly. Mal laughed. "And hey, something like her going to the Isle and getting captured is bound to never happen."

"I guess you're right," Mal said. "But I'm still nervous about today. I mean, you remember what my mother did at Aurora's christening. I know she should still be a lizard, but she-"

"Again, nothing like that is going to happen," Ben assured her. "I already talked to Shang, and he said the kingdom is on high watch today. He won't let anything happen today." Ben placed Brelyn in Mal's arms. Brelyn smiled again as she was placed in her mother's arms, making Mal seem a little more relaxed. "Come on. We don't want to be late to our own daughter's presentation." With that, the couple made their way out.

The crowds were let in finally. Ben and Mal's friends made their way to the front row. All of them were very excited to see their friends' daughter. It wasn't like they've never seen Brelyn before; They all had held her the day she was born after all. They were just excited to finally see her somewhere that wasn't confined in the castle.

The music began playing, and everyone turned their attention to the entrance. Two guards opened the doors to reveal Mal, who was holding Brelyn, and Ben. They made their way up through the aisle, just as Ben did at his coronation and Mal did at their wedding. By now, walking down the aisle was almost routine. The crowds awed at the baby. Brelyn's eyes darted around the room, having not seen anything like this new place.

Though most of the compliments were very heard, Mal could've sworn she heard murmurs in the crowd. She hoped they weren't talking bad about her or her daughter. Ben placed a hand around Mal, seeing as she became nervous again.

They soon reached the front, in which they were met by Belle, Beast, and Fairy Godmother. Fairy Godmother smiled before beginning.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Fairy Godmother began, "we are gathered here today to witness the blessing of the heir to Auradon's throne. We, the people of Auradon, have been secured for another generation to come. King Ben, do you swear that your daughter, Brelyn, is to be crowned at the age of sixteen and rule as the Queen of Auradon, succeeding after you."

Ben looked to Mal, who nodded. He looked back up. "I swear."

Fairy Godmother smiled. "Then it is my honor and joy to bless Auradon's newest royal member. Ladies and gentlemen, princes and princesses, kings and queens, I present to you Princess Brelyn Chloe Kingston of the United States of Auradon!"

The crowd cheered, which caused Brelyn to start crying. Mal was caught off-guard as she tried to calm her daughter. Belle tapped on her shoulder. "Don't worry. Ben did the same thing when he was a baby," Belle said. Mal smiled, and not because she was slightly laughing at the image of baby Ben crying in her head.

"He did it as his debut when he was thirteen too," Beast added.

"Did not!" Ben retorted. Mal and Belle laughed in response. They all were happy that Brelyn's fit didn't last very long.

Mal and Ben soon walked down to join their friends. "So who wants to hold Brelyn first after her big day?" Mal asked.

"Me!" Evie said quickly. "I am her godmother after all, and I called dibs, like, and hour ago."

"It's true. I was there," Carlos said.

Mal placed Brelyn in Evie's arms. "Thanks for making her dress, by the way."

"It was nothing, Mal," Evie said. "I was more than happy to make a dress for her," Evie said, kissing Brelyn's cheek.

"So are we ready to...set it off..or what?" Jay asked with a sly smile. Everyone gave Jay a jokingly glare. "What?"

"That was a good try, sweetie," Lonnie said, rubbing Jay's arm.

Suddenly, Evie held onto Brelyn's arms and moved them side to side. "Get ready, set it off. We got to set it off," she sang quietly.

"Okay, you guys are done," Mal said, laughing and taking Brelyn back. Everyone laughed again.

"Let's go everyone!" Ben said. "Mrs. Potts made a feast for tonight!" Everyone then headed to the castle to celebrate.

What they didn't realize was that they were being watched. A figure sat upon the pillars that held the roof up. The figure pulled up a communication device. "Do we do it now?" he asked.

"Not yet," the voice on the communicator said. "Let's wait till the second one is born. Then we'll go through with the plan."

"Yes ma'am." The figure then left the chapel, not leaving a trace behind.

Short chapter! Hope you guys liked it! Things are definitely going to start to pick up!