Chapter 6: Boy or Girl

Today was the day. Today, Mal and Ben were going to find out whether their baby was going to be a boy or girl. Both of them were pretty excited and anxious to find out the gender. The entirety of Auradon waited to here the gender of the heir. It would tell them whether or not if they were going to have a future king or queen.

Mal was getting ready for the ceremony tonight. She still wore a purple dress. Since pink and blue form purple, it worked for Mal since she didn't care if the baby was going to be a boy or a girl. She was excited either way.

Ben entered the room. He was wearing his normal blue suit. However, his jacket was open, which reveal a pink shirt underneath.

"Are you ready for tonight?" Ben asked cheerfully.

"I'm so ready to know if Baby Beast is a boy or girl. We can start buying clothes and get it's room ready," Mal replied.

"And by buying clothes, you mean waiting for Evie to pile tons of baby clothes onto you since we both know she's gonna start making baby clothes once the gender is revealed."

"Yeah," Mal said. "I just hope she's okay. She probably doesn't want a lot of people knowing, but she had another negative pregnancy test. It was her seventh one."

"Really?" Ben asked. "I remember Doug mentioning they've had no luck lately. He said Evie was heartbroken."

"She is. I really wish there was something we could do," Mal said. "Evie always helped me whenever I needed it."

Ben embraced Mal from behind. "The best thing we could do for them right now us being there for them."

"Yeah. I just can't stand seeing my best friend so upset."

"Hey," Ben began. "Today's supposed to be a happy day. Turn that frown upside down, Mal."

Mal laughed as she came out of Ben's embrace. "You know, you really didn't need to go all out on this gender reveal thing. I would've been fine with just a colored cake or balloons coming out of a box."

"I didn't go that all out on it."

"Fireworks. You got fireworks that are going to be blue or pink," Mal said. "I don't think that's ever been done before."

"I just want our firstborn to have the best gender reveal ever."

"What about our second born?"

"Second born? Are you really thinking about having another? Baby Beast isn't even born yet. Are you sure he or she won't be too much for you?"

"We'll come back to that when Baby Beast is at least a year and half," Mal said.

"Deal." Ben looked at his wristwatch. "Ready to go? It's almost time."

"Let's go," Mal said as both of them exited the room.

Ben and Mal walked upon the balcony of the castle. Their friends and family were gathered around wearing pink or blue. Team Blue consisted of Jay, Audrey, Jane, and Evie. Team Pink consisted of Chad, Lonnie, Carlos, and Doug. In front of the castle, many citizens of Auradon were waiting on the news. The crowd was a sea of pink and blue.

Mal look up to the sky. The stars were shining bright that night. "Here we go," she whispered.

"Attention Auradon!" Ben said into the microphone. "Tonight, we will be finding out if we are expecting a princess or prince. Now, let me hear it from Team Prince!" Half the crowd cheered. "Now, from Team Princess!" The other half of the crowd cheered. Ben got the signal from the fireworks crew. The kingdom began counting down from 10.

10!

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

"IT'S A GIRL!" Mal shouted, jumping into Ben's arms. Ben hugged Mal tightly. Both of them had smiles from ear to ear. The crowd cheered from behind.

"We're gonna have a baby girl!" Ben said. Tears fell from Mal's eyes. She had never felt so happy before. Ben set Mal down and placed his hands on Mal's baby bump, which had become very noticeable now days. "I can't wait to meet you, my princess."

Mal giggled as Ben spoke to their daughter. "She's going to have the best daddy ever," she said.

"She's also going to have the best mommy ever," Ben said.

"I love you, Ben."

"I love you too." The two of them shared a passionate kiss.

To the side, their friends all clapped and cheered. Jay peered over to Lonnie. "So," he began, "should we tell them?"

Lonnie looked over to Ben and Mal, who were still ecstatic over their daughter. She shook her head. "Maybe we should wait. I don't want to take away from Mal and Ben's night."

Jay nodded as they all began celebrating their future Queen of Auradon.