Chapter 1: Ben's Birthday Surprise

It has been a couple of years since Mal and Ben got married. It was a big celebration. It wasn't everyday that the King of an entire nation got married.

Mal was very nervous about the whole marriage. She knew she loved Ben; that was proved when she broke the spell that was cast on Ben with True Love's Kiss at Cotillion. She didn't think the kingdom of Auradon would accept her for who she was. How was she, the descendant of the most evilest villain in the land, supposed to run a kingdom?

However, thanks to the help of her friends, both from the Isle and Auradon, she was able to overcome her fears and take on the role of Queen of Auradon.

After they had graduated from Auradon Prep, everyone kind of did their own thing. Evie went to school to study education while running her own fashion business. Jay had wanted to become a professional tourney player, but after he fell in love with Lonnie, he had wanted to stay closer to home. Carlos also went to go study computer sciences and technology.

After everyone had gotten married, things kind of started to calm down. Until now that is.

Ben's birthday was coming up, and the whole kingdom was getting ready, especially Mal. She went to Evie's office at Auradon Prep. Evie had just gotten the job as Guidance Counselor at the boarding school. Evie also ran her fashion shop, Evie's 4 Hearts, there too.

"Hey, E," Mal said as she entered.

"Mal!" Evie said excitedly. She ran up to the purple-haired woman and hugged her. "What are you doing here?" Evie asked.

"I was thinking that...maybe...I don't know... you could make something for Ben's birthday?" Mal said.

"I would love to, M," Evie said. "What were you thinking? Trousers? A vest? A blazer?" Evie chuckled at the thought that just entered her head. "New shorts with crowns on them?"

Mal laughed at Evie's remark. "Well, what I'm thinking, has to do with something I just found out. It's basically gonna change mine and Ben's lives forever." Evie looked at her best friend in confusion. She wasn't really getting what Mal was trying to say. Mal looked around, which she didn't really know why since they were the only two there. "You have to promise not to tell anyone, especially Ben."

"I promise," Evie replied. Mal went up to Evie and whispered something in the blue-haired girl's ear. As Mal whispered, a smile grew upon her face. "You're...?" Mal nodded with a smirk on her face. "Really?!"

"Yeah," Mal said, feeling like a bit of weight lifted off her chest.

"I'm so happy for you!" Evie said, hugging her best friend.

"So, do you have any ideas of what to do?"

"I think I have something in mind," Evie said.

"I knew I could trust you with this project," Mal said.

Evie laughed. "Aw, I can't wait! Anyway, how do you think Jay and Carlos are gonna react?"

"You're not wondering about Ben's reaction?" Mal asked. "The surprise is for him."

"Come on, M, we all know he's gonna be happy," Evie said.

"That's true," Mal replied. "I think Carlos and Jay will be happy for me, but who knows what Jay will do to Ben behind my back."

"Well, he's always been very protective of us," Evie added.

"Yeah," Mal said. Suddenly, a thought had come into her head. "So, when are you and Doug planning to...you know," Mal said. "I know this is something you've wanted ever since Doug asked you to marry him." Evie didn't answer. She tried to put a smile on her face, but she wasn't doing a very good job. "Evie, what's wrong?"