t h i r t y f i v e

before you read this chapter, don't be mad at me. luke is really bad with other people's feelings and he was just upset and he thought not talking about it would make it better, okAY?

im not gonna dedicate bc im gonna be too upset

i listened to three different songs during this chapter

Wherever You Are - 5SOS

Always - Panic! At The Disco

Northern Downpour - Panic! At The Disco

Photograph - Ed Sheeran

enjoy :) i cried

ilyasm

"Hey? Luke?" I rubbed my eyes and peered outside, taking in the early morning sunlight.

"Yeah, hi Beth, I uh, I really need to talk to you about something." Luke mumbled on the other side of the phone.

"Okay, what?" I asked, sitting up.

"Beth, I think we should do this in person," Luke said and I could feel my heart stop. What did he want to talk about?

"O-Okay, I'll be over your house in 15 minutes." I told Luke. He said goodbye and I hung up the phone. I pulled on a pair of shorts and put on a clean shirt. I tied my hair into a bun and slipped on some flip flops. Shoving my phone in my pocket, I opened the door and ran outside to my car. I drove a little bit over the speed limit to Luke's house. I parked the car and ran up to Luke's front steps, where he sat.

"Beth, I love you a lot." He told me and I nodded.

"My dad is moving to California," he gulped and I nodded.

"He's been looking at this job oppurtunity for a while, and it's really great and I'm proud of him, and he got the job in December, and he starts in September. But, it doesn't pay well enough to support me and my sister." Luke explained, I nodded and ran a hand through my hair.

"Okay, so you'll stay here with your mom," I said, trying to make sense of what he was saying.

"No, actually, I mean, I'm staying with my mom, just not-just not here," Luke muttered. My mouth dropped open and I took a deep breath.

"What do you mean your not staying here with your mom?" I asked quickly.

"Well, my mom only moved over here so we could be closer to our dad, and now that he's moving, she doesn't really want to be here anymore. My aunt is ill anyway, and my mom wants to be near her, and she found a job back in Sydney, so we're moving back to Sydney," Luke struggled to say.

"When are you leaving?" I asked, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Tomorrow," Luke whispered. I looked at him in disbelief and my heart dropped.

"How long have you known?" I asked, even though I really didn't want to know the answer.

"Since February," Luke cringed.

"That was the call you got when we were out to lunch?" My jaw dropped and I tried to hold back tears.

"Yeah." Luke bit his lip and looked at the ground.

"Four months, Luke. You've known for four months, and you never told me!? We could've made the best of it, why would you wait this long?" I yelled, running a hand through my hair.

"I didn't know how to tell you, I was scared, Beth. I was sad," Luke started crying and I looked down at him shaking my head.

"I'm gonna miss you so much, Luke." I sat down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder.