t w e n t y s e v e n

that's me in my profile pic, i'm changing it tomorrow but idk i though you guys might want to know what i look like idk

i've got a list of people i have to dedicate to, but no one for today bc i'm lazy

"Make sure to call us when you wake up Christmas morning." My mom said as she wrapped her arms around me. I nodded and sat down on the couch next to my sister.

Our dad handed us both a small box.

I opened mine slowly to reveal a silver necklace, a ring, and a bracelet. The necklace had a small key charm hanging from it, the ring had solve daisies all around it, and the bracelet had a small oval on a sliver chain. The oval had "Elizabeth" engraved into it. I smiled and thanked my parents, because knowing them, they spent a lot of money on these three pieces of jewelry.

Both of my parents sighed and grabbed their bags, they waved goodbye to me and walked out of the living room. We heard the front door open and close and a sighed.

"Just you and me." My sister sighed. I nodded and got up.

"You can hang out with your boyfriend this week if you want." I told her, beginning to walk out of the room.

"I wasn't gonna, but you can hang out with yours if you want to." Molly told me, following after me.

"He's going to Australia for break." I mumbled.

"Oh, sucks for us, looks like we're both boyfriendless this Christmas." Molly patted me on the back and walked upstairs. I sighed and walked into the kitchen to find Ashton curled up in a ball, sleeping in the corner, I smiled and sat down next to him, stroking his back.

"I have a friend named Ashton." I said to my dog. He perked up at the sound of his name the same way Ashton did when he was drunk.

"Ashtons real cute. Not as cute as you, though." I rubbed his ears and rested my head against the wall. Ashton tilted his head to the side and looked up at me.

"I wonder what Ashton's doing over break." I wondered out loud. My dog perked up again. I shook my head at him and pushed myself off the kitchen floor. I walked up to my room and closed the door behind me. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and composed a new text to Ashton.

To: Ash

please tell me your not going to some exotic place over break

From: Ash

im not

To: Ash

yay

From: Ash

im going to my grandparents house in montana

To: Ash

:(

From: Ash

i guess luke's not gonna be here

To: Ash

no, he's going to australia

From: Ash

lucky, i've wanted to go back there for ages

To: Ash

yeah, well that sucks for you but now i have nobody to hang out with over break :(

From: Ash

listen, i gotta go, but maybe you could check mikey or cal tho

To: Ash

ew cal