Chapter 4

A hug. A hug is a human communication, in which two people put their arms around the neck, back, or waist of one another and hold each other closely. And that was just what was happening between me and Bellamy. A hug. Holding each other close and never letting go.

His strong big arms felt save around me and I could hear is heartbeat through is chest, nice and steady. His head was leaned over mine, what was resting on his chest. Our bodies fitted together perfectly. It was like we were made for each other, like a piece of a puzzle. He was my missing piece.

I moved up my head looking into his chocolate brown eyes, where you could drown in if you looked long enough. "We probably should check upon Octavia." I told him. We hooked lose from our enchanting embrace and started to walk downstairs. Just when I wanted to take a step. A brown curly haired guy behind me took a loose grip around my wrist. "Clarke wait." I turned around waiting for what this handsome guy had to say at me. He opened his mouth and the words rolled over his lips. "I just wanted to say that ever since I am back from- it doesn't matter where I was. But ever since I am back I feel like you are connecting with me on so much more levels than when we younger." He looked right through my blue eyes. It looked like he could see every piece of my soul, good and bad. That he even saw that I had a crush on him, what kept haunting me over the years. But he was right I felt exactly the same way. I felt the intimacy of our hug, I felt the tension between us and I felt that we were connection.

I smiled at him. "I know." I spoke to the guy in front of me. We made our way downstairs and met Octavia in the kitchen, eating a piece of chocolate pie. I took a seat behind the island table while Bellamy grabbed us also a piece. "Damn what were you guys doing up there. You were not making out or something?" She said while stopping a piece of pie in her mouth. Bellamy turned around, with the cake, and our eyes met. These eyes were exchanging words talking a language that I couldn't figure out. It looked intimate but also like we were holding a secret together. There aren't enough words on how to explain the way we are looking at each other right at this moment. "Haha wait you guys could never date you hate each other's guts." Octavia interrupted us and pointing with her fork our ways. And I just wanted to tell her so badly that she was wrong, that I didn't hate Bellamy but the other way around.

***

The rain was pouring down from the grey sky. I looked up letting the rain fall down my face. It was late at night, already getting dark. I was late night studying, at some point I learned that the knowledge gets stuck much sooner when it's late. I discussed this with Octavia and she said that she would pick me up at night. So here I was standing in front of a closed off library with rain falling from the clouds waiting for my best friend to pick me up.

It took her much longer than usual to get here. It was a 15 minute drive from her house to the place I was waiting. I looked at my watch 10:34 she was supposed to be here half an hour ago. I was starting to get worried. Attempt after attempt I tried calling her but she didn't pick up her phone. At this point I was freaking out, I was soaking wet and there was no sign of Octavia.

Out of thin air the car of the family Blake comes driving up. I instantly felt relieved and got relaxed. I started walking to the black BMW car like I usually do. But Octavia opened the door to start walking my way. The person who stepped out of the vehicle wasn't Octavia but someone else, a person I didn't expect to see; Bellamy. He rushed towards me after locking his eyes on me. He instantly took over my bag and strapped it over his shoulder. He took my small shoulders in his big hands and looked at me in the eye. "Hey you are all soaking wet why didn't you stand under an awning? I don't want you to get a cold." Did he just say that he cared about me? "Yeah I know that I just love the rain and Octavia gets here in about 15 minutes." I responded. He shook his head and smiled. His eyes telling me that I was a dork like I always was. The look he gave me was ancient, it was from back in the days. The look he always gave me when I did something stupid that amused him.

We were still standing together in the pouring rain, when the brown haired guy realized something. He quickly took of his leather jacket and hang it over my shoulders. It was way to big for me but his scents felt save, comfortable and like home, so I kept it around me. With his hand on my lower back he guarded me towards the car he opened the door letted me settle in the seat and closed it again. He jogged to the other side of the car and quickly stepping into the car.

On our way home I occasionally glanced at him. Asking him questions like where Octavia was. Apparently she was at some guys house he wasn't sure but he thought it was the guy from some party, his name started with an L or swim thing. He didn't like that she goes to that guy but in the end he didn't had anything to say over her, since he was gone for 4 years.

He was holding the steering wheel tight, letting nothing distract him. I was to busy studying his face that I didn't notice that it had began to rain harder. At this point you couldn't see 10 meters ahead of you. It was way to dangerous to drive. "Bellamy maybe you should stop, you can't drive like this." He knows I was right but he didn't wanted to admit it. Slowly he took of the speed until the tires stopped running.

The rain was getting much more worse with the second. At first it was a little rain, then came the storm but now there was also thunder and lightning involved. All since I was a little kid thunder and lightning always scared the hell out of me, to this day it didn't stop. I am not easily scared of anything but this weather scared the crap out of me. With a frightening look I was squeezing the arm seat and was thinking about happy things.

Suddenly I felt a strong hand took a hold of my jaw, slowly forcing me to look at the side of me. I followed the movement of the hand and looked into the eyes of Bellamy. He loose my the grip on my jaw and took my cold hand, what was laying on my lap, in his warm hand. He looked deeply into my eyes and with his other hand he stroke slowly a piece of blonde hair out of my face. He cupped my cheek and told me: "Hey everything will be okay I am right here, nothing can happen to you." It was assuring that Bellamy was right here at my side.

"I think we have to crash here in the car. It looks like it can take a long time for this storm to pass." I looked at him in shock. I wasn't spending the night here in a metal coffin. Just waiting for the lighting to strike us. He squeezed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile, like he knew what was going on in my mind. What brought me at peace. Bellamy Blake brought me at peace who would have thought that the boy I didn't like back in the day.

The backseats were laid down that it could be made out as a bed. It was small but large enough that Bellamy and I fitted on it. It hit me that this would be the second time we were spending a bed in less then 3 days. Here laying body against body was cosy, there wasn't much movement space left just about 3 centimeter I take a guess.

It was midnight when the lighting hits the ground and woke me from my sleep. At 12:01 there was another this time much louder and closer. Out of fear I practically jumped in Bellamy's arms. He calmed me down by putting his arm around me and pulling me closer in his embrace. I slowly calmed down and laid my head on his chest. Bit by bit my eyelids became heavy again and I closed them. And this was the exact position we fell asleep. A boy and a girl sleeping in the back of the car.

Hey guys end of this chapter. Sorry for the slow update I just got home from my vacation in Spain what took a 2 day drive. I hope you like this I was a bit at a writers block so it can be a bit boring or bad. If you still like it leave a comment, share and like
Ps: 1500 words wow
X R
Insta: bellvrkee