18. An Unexpected Encounter

Start from the beginning

I rolled my eyes as I heard Jungkook complaining. "You know what, Jeon Jungkook?! I-- " 

Looking up, my rude comeback was stuck in my throat.

Thank goodness I had a sturdy case because my phone crashed to the floor as I took in his outfit. 

His black trench coat hung loosely over a dark gray turtleneck and black pants that hugged his legs perfectly, paired with thick combat boots that added an extra two inches to his already tall figure.

Jungkook simply laughed at my shocked expression as he walked over to where I stood completely frozen while adjusting the baseball cap on his head. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He always looked good but there was something about this outfit that made the hairs on my arms stand; everything fit him perfectly. Maybe I had a thing for guys in all black as well.

'How does he expect me to get through the day looking like that?'

"Yes, Miss l/n?" he asked lightly as he picked my phone up for me, giving it a slight dusting before slapping it back into my hands. 

He wrapped his arms around my waist and smirked, pulling me in closer to his chest as I couldn't find my words to speak just yet. "You look beautiful as always. I have such good taste, don't you think? The shoes are part of our fall collection." He tilted his head to the side and I shrugged, subtly shaking my head to clear it. 

"I'll admit, the clothes are kind of nice," I grinned, carefully running my hands up and down the smooth fabric of his coat as I eyed the black face mask under his chin. 

"Only kind of?" Jungkook raised a brow, caressing my cheek with the back of his hand with the most adorable look on his face. "That really hurts my pride, you know."

"Okay, the clothes are really nice, I love them. Happy?" Jungkook nodded like a happy little puppy and I giggled. "But you do look good. Really good," I shyly acknowledged, a light blush feathering my cheeks as I refused to look away from his intense gaze. 

His eyebrows jumped, smile turned playful. "I think that's the first time you've ever complimented me out loud without having a smart ass remark to pair with it." 

I pretended to think for a moment. "I think I'm just getting used to your obnoxious, egotistical ways." 

Jungkook's warm laugh caused my heart to palpitate as he sighed in content. "Ahh, that's my girl."

Thump thump.

'His girl? Am I?'

My already blushing cheeks deepened a shade of tomato red as Jungkook immediately noticed how my body went rigid at his words, throwing his head back to laugh at my crazy expression before pulling me out of the door to his car.

"Come on Princess, you owe me a date, remember?"

--

"So the deal is, whoever makes the most strikes wins," Jungkook explained as we picked out our bowling balls. 

I chose a bright purple one and Jungkook chose a darker green that almost looked like a watermelon. I followed him back to our lane at the end of the bowling alley. Thankfully it wasn't too busy today.

"If you win," he continued, resting his ball and mine on our lane rack. "I'll do whatever you want for a full week. No complaints. But if I win," his smirk widened as he leaned closer to my face. "I get a kiss." 

Despite the intense round of butterflies in my stomach I remained calm and thought about his proposal for a second, repeatedly tapping my chin. "Hmm, deal." 

"No cheek. On the lips."

I groaned. 'Shit. He saw right through my plan.'

I pouted and contemplated his bet a second time. 'I can do this. I mean, how good can Jungkook be?'

I stared at his now innocent expression, rocking back on his heels with his hands linked behind his back. "Okay, fine. Bet's on." 

We shook on it.

--

Jungkook felt the need to make his last bowl a strike for good measure, even though I lost not even half way through the game. 

Actually, lost was an understatement. I was completely destroyed, my ego crumbling to little tiny pieces along with my sanity.

"Jungkook," I whined, throwing my head back in my seat as the last pins were swept away and a cartoon bowling ball popped up on the screen overhead with the words game over. "That's not fair! You didn't say you were a good bowler!"

He winked, bending down to my height in the process while resting his hands on my thighs and leaned in. "I believe you never asked." He paused only for a split second. "And for the record, I'm good at everything." 

I smacked his arm but he only laughed in response, too happy with his victory to care. "Yeah well I demand a rematch!" I pouted, crossing my arms across my chest in protest.

"No way! I won fair and square. Be a good princess and accept defeat."

I groaned in frustration and pushed him away, beginning to untie my bowling shoes. "Whatever, you win then." 

He chuckled. "I love when you're obedient."

 I glared at him but he just poked his lips out, kissing the air. 

Making a disgusted face I sped away to the counter to return my shoes before Jungkook could take advantage of his win. "What a cheater," I grumbled, keeping my head down in defeat.

The guy behind the counter greeted as I approached but I didn't look up as I checked the time on my phone and set the bowling shoes on the counter.

"Have fun?" 

I nodded and slipped back into my own shoes. "Even though I lost," I sighed, not really paying attention as I tied up my laces and stood back up.

"You know, this place sure does hold a lot of memories." 

I scrunched my eyebrows together at the strange comment. 

'That voice.'

"Um, okay? And why's that?" I finally met the eyes of the employee and froze.

"Because this is the place where we had our first date."

Taehyung.

A/N:

I know it gets annoying but if you enjoyed my story please vote on it!! It lets me know my writing isn't too terrible.

Thank you for reading! 💜

-xoxo Kay