★ 𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐭𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★

Ria,

I just wanted you to know that I didn't leave you. I would never abandon you in a time of need or ever for that matter. I'm writing this in a rush because I have to go.

Vincent found out about Vivian and because of our mess, you got hurt. God, Ria, I never wanted this for you. I knew I should have let you go months ago. My biggest fear was you getting hurt because of my past and now look at you.

I swear I don't deserve you, but for some reason, you never let me go.

I'm taking Vivian to California with me. I found a place for us to lay low in and we can disappear without a trace so Vincent won't follow us. This was my backup plan.

When you get out of the hospital, I'll be finding a way to contact you safely. I'll send you money for the flight and give you the address and we can finally live together.

If you forgive me. I hope you forgive me.

Chris refused to let me into your room and blamed the attack on me, so I couldn't see you. I swear I would have killed him just to see your face one last time, but the hospital kicked me out and with the threat of the police in that situation, I thought it'd be smart to wait for you instead of causing more mayhem.

I know this mess just keeps getting bigger, but if you really want to fight by my side, we can make this work. If you need a reason to follow me...how about this:

I love you.

Ria, I'm sure I fell in love with you seven months ago when I saw you reaching for the stars in Nightingmus.

God, it feels so long ago now.

So yes, I believe in love again, because of you. Those words are reserved for you and you only.

I believe we can still make it to the stars.

I'll be waiting.

-Ashton

Ugh, talk about ripping my heart out 😫

NOTE: Chris was not aware that the letter he gave Ria was fake! He and Daniel are no longer working together!

Currently working on Vincent's sweet POV and a sneak peek bonus scene for Tides!

Update: I will no longer include the bonus scene.

-bri💖