Chapter Thirty Five || Brotherly

Okay, this is good. Almost done. And it hasn't been months. Bet you didn't expect that. Anywho, lots of love for anyone who still reads Christmas fic in the middle of July. Also, who misses Jason? I know it's been a good long time but I'm still crying. So this chapter is dedicated to our boy Jason. For those of you who don't know what I'm on about, live in that ignorant bliss, trust me, it's a better place. *Raises a glass* to Jason Grace, son of Jupiter. Ave atque vale frater. Hail and farewell brother. *Wipes a tear* On with the show.

23rd December

(Y/n)'s POV:

It's Christmas Eve eve. Jason, Frank and Hazel are here. Everyone is in cabin three, swapping stories but my head is somewhere else. Leo is sitting beside me and am I lowkey losing my shit? Lowkey. Does he smell like hot chocolate and marshmallows? Yes. Do I want to devour him? Gods yes. Will I devour him? Gods no, he probably doesn't want to be devoured. 

I smile and nod at all the right moments but all I can think about is Leo's arm rubbing against mine, his hair smelling like smoke and candy. 

Jesus Christ when did I become so soft? 

"(Y/n)?" I hear Jason say, thus bringing me back from my Leo-high. "You there?"

"Yeah, you were saying?" I ask blinking a few times, aware of Leo looking at me.

What was I 12? Maybe. Suck it up, Wayland. We will not be 12 in the field.

"I asked if I could talk to in private," Jason asked slowly.

"Yeah. Yes of course." I said and got up, my arm brushing against Leo's making me shiver. 

I follow Jason to a secluded area and gesture for him to talk. "Just tell for god's sake. It's painful to watch you two."

I blink blankly at his words and he sighs.

"Leo, (Y/n)."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?" I say cooly. "Pffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttt. Leo?"

"Cut the crap. I saw you sniff his hair."

"Jeez, was I that indiscreet?" I flinch as he nods.

"Only Leo didn't realise or didn't care."

"Well, why do I have to tell him? Why can't he tell me?" I ask, folding my arms.

"Because he's stubborn and you're somewhat less stubborn." I huff but I'm too scared to admit my feelings to him. "Trust me, I'm doing you guys a favour."

Leo's POV:

I watch (Y/n) and Jason and feel a spike of jealousy despite the fact Jason's like her brother.

Jesus Christ, I really need to reel in my feelings. She clearly is not into me.

I kiss her and she literally does nothing about it. It's like I try and try and try and get to nowhere.

I need help.

Third Person's POV:

JESUS Y'ALL REALLY NEED TO JUST GET TOGETHER ALREADYYYYYY.

Olympian's POV:

I'm fucking TIRED. Aphrodite is sobbing at how clueless these two are.

LETS TIME SKIP CUZ I'M BLOCKING

(Y/n)'s POV:

I'm sitting near the lake, Jason's words playing in my head. Then I remember what Ash told me. I had forgiven Ash, despite everything he put me through. 

I hear someone sit beside me and look up to see Leo. Did I just conjure him up?

"Hey," he says softly, his hand touching mine.

"Hi."

"What you thinking about?" He looks out into the lake. His eyes shimmer a beautiful brown.

"Everything that happened this month. KIdnapping, Mateo, the Institute, Tyler."

As soon as Tyler's name left my mouth I regretted it. Mainly because I had been ignoring him and that I didn't want Leo to think I thought about him.

"You should go see him. I know you haven't gone out in a while." Leo sounded sad along with something else. "I know how much he means to you so you should go."

"I might go tomorrow," I said unsurely. "You should come with."

"I don't wanna third wheel again." He laughs awkwardly and then gets up before I can say anything. "See you around (Y/n)."

Guess I'm seeing Tyler Ravenscar tomorrow?