Chapter Thirty Two || Unwanted Familiarity

THIS STORY UNFORTUNATELY IS COMING TO AN END SOON T^T. Yes I know it has been a very emotional journey for all, especially me because GURL, I did not anticipate all these weird ass plots I would Make. But I Will be posting more often as I have gotten my MOJO BACK! Thank you for all the support y'all show it means the world to me. And a very special thanks to @Niki_Valdez for giving me the validation I needed to continue.

Love always,
Me❤️❤️❤️

20th December

(Y/n)'s POV

I sat by the frozen lake, looking at the book Leo had given me at the start of December.

Never had I anticipated what I felt towards him, sure I'd always kinda liked him but my heart and head were at constant war.

My head was telling me that I couldn't possibly ever be with another guy but my heart told me it was healthy to look forward.

I knew Jamie wouldn't want me stuck in the past but lately he had been on my mind a lot.

Holidays were the worst to be honest. It was the hardest time of the year for me as it was a reminder that I didn't have him anymore.

With a sigh I look up and stare at the bare trees that were on the other side of the lake.

I see something move behind the trees but shake it off as a camper roaming the woods.

But I see it again.

I look closer, getting to my feet.

It couldn't be.

Could it?

I see a flash of steely blue eyes making eye contact with me and I stumble back.

I look around me to see if anyone was here.

Nope. I was totally alone.

'Stop being a pussy (Y/n)' my brain reprimanded.

'You're (Y/n) motherfucking Wayland! Get your goddamn sword and slice his musty ass for what he did to you'

No one messes with me and gets away with it.

I unsheathed my blade and set off towards the other side of the lake.

Watch out Mr.Blue Eyes. I'm coming for you.

Leo's POV

I look around Hephaestus cabin to see that everyone was involved in their own thing, making sure to be as quiet as possible as baby Mateo had finally dozed off.

I tip toe out of the cabin, in search of (Y/n).

I think it was time I gathered my shit and faced my feelings.

I mean I had but like telling (Y/n) what I felt was another thing.

Before this month had started if someone asked me if I would ever confess to (Y/n) I would've told them that they needed their head checked.

I hadn't fully gotten over Calypso and I knew she wasn't over Jamie.

We both had a history with love and it wasn't necessarily a pretty one and I was in no hurry to rush confessing.

Until this month.

I'd lost her once and I was worried that I would lose her again before I could tell her how I felt.

I needed to get this out before it was too late.

(Y/n)'s PoV

I hear a twig snap behind me making me whirl around to face the unwanted familiarity.

"Come out! I'm not afraid of you, I'm armed and dangerous you sick bastard." I yelled out to the person I saw and heard a familiar chuckle.

"Still feisty as always princess." Ash said as he came out from behind a tree.

He was wearing a navy hoodie with his dark jeans, hair dishevelled and sporting that same smirk that drove me insane.

"What do you want?" I growled as I pointed my blade at his stupidly smug face. "You're not taking me back to that hellhole. Not today pretty boy."

"Relax Wayland. He doesn't know I'm here. I didn't tell him." He said with a sigh and I lower my blade slightly.

"What-what are you doing here then?" My eyebrows furrow in confusion and suspicion as I stare at the devilishly good looking boy in front of me.

What could this selfish jerk possibly be up to?

"I wanted to tell you that I'm sorry." I nearly choked when those words left his mouth. "It's just that you-you remind me of someone."

"So you force yourself on me and threaten me and my family, let me nearly get killed all because I remind you of someone?" I scoff in disbelief. "Are you joking?"

"I'm sorry (Y/n). I shouldn't have-" he ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "I lost someone I loved a few years back and he and I cut a deal. I could see her occasionally as long as I did his bidding. It seemed like a great deal back then. I get to saw Annie-" Ash faltered at her name but carried on, his eyes glazing over.

I saw his false facade of confidence crumble as he reminisced on memories of his loved one.

I knew that feeling. I knew it all too well.

"But then you came and you looked so much like her and I just thought may be you'd–you'd be her. I was foolish to think you'd replace her or replace the hole in my heart, as your heart itself has been captured by Valdez." Ash looked up at me and smiled.

It wasn't the twisted version of a smile I'd seen him wear but a genuine one.

"Tell him how you feel before it's too late Wayland. I lost her because I was too much of an idiot but don't repeat my mistakes." He says with a broken smile.

Whatever Ash has been through, he was still recovering from it.

"And Jamie would want you to move forward too." He added making me stumble back, loosening my grip on my sword.

"How do you know-" I stutter but he shrugged and spoke,

"When I saw Annie in Elysium I saw him too. He knew what I was doing to you. You do pick out the most vicious ones don't you?" He smiled at me but I didn't return it. "Jamie told me that he loves you but he wants you to move forward."

I was too shocked at what I heard to respond. "I left the big guy behind and at trying to start a better life. Annie told me it was time to move forward and what I was doing was doing me no good and she'd rather see me happy with someone else than stuck in the past and hurting others because of it. I love her and she will always be a part of my heart but that doesn't mean that I can't go and find someone else's to give my heart to. Love may break you Wayland," he shoved his hands in his pockets. "But it will also pick you up and guide you to another path."

Leo. He was talking about Leo. I'm an idiot really.

I knew what I felt but there was a very small chance that I would admit it.

I didn't want to lose him though. I couldn't afford to lose him.

The feeling of losing him was a feeling I'd rather not think about or even dream as it was too painful.

I had lost too many people and I was not about to lose Leo.

"Thank you Ash." I whispered quietly. "I forgive you. I hope you find someone who's heart isn't already taken."

"Go find him Wayland. While you still can." Ask said and within a blink of my eye he was gone and I was all alone again.