Chapter Thirteen || The Dinner Pt.1

I'm gonna make this into two parts, because it's too long for one part😘😘😘

Third person POV

The residents of cabin 9 hadn't had much sleep the previous night as the latest edition to the Hephaestus family cried all night. And when Percy had enough since he needed his beauty sleep, he sent his half asleep sister to get the baby to shut up. (Y/n) still a bit dazed from sleep, trudged over to cabin 9 and banged on the door. Dan answered the door, his hair messy and eyes bloodshot. "Get the baby to pipe down, I need my beauty sleep..." she mumbled as Dan looked her up and down.

"No offence, but you look terrible even after your beauty sleep." Dan said as he rubbed his temples.

"A message brought to you by Percy..." and with that she pushed past Dan as he protested. "Give me the dam baby..." she snatched the baby from Leo as he protested, but instantly fell silent. Everyone in cabin nine fell silent. "My ears hurt so shut your eyes, and maybe I'll teach you lullabies." She started to sing quietly as Mateo listened intently. "Camp needs its sleep so start counting your sheep. I know your tired but as am I so close your eyes Mateo and say...bye...bye." She whispered the last words as Mateo's eyes flutter shut. She lays him down on a make shift cot, and tucks him in. And in that moment, the camp fell silent, and little ol' (Y/n) walked back to her cabin where her comfy bed await her.

(Y/n)'s POV

Oh. My. Gods. Percy just told me the incident of last night I could not believe I did that! I never had a brother or sister let alone be around kids younger than me before coming to Camp Half-Blood, I was just used to being the youngest. So go me! I see some of the Hephaestus kids come over to me and Percy's table, including Leo. He was grinning that grin of his while the others were somewhat happy as well. "Hey (Y/n)! Hey Percy," Leo said as they reached our table. I put my fork down, stopping Percy's eating as well.

"Hey Leo, what's up?" I smile warmly at him. I look over his shoulder to see the other Hephaestus kids awkwardly trying to feed Mateo as he spat it back out. I giggle at the sight, making Leo look back to see his brother looking crossly at Harley, who was trying to shove porridge in his mouth.
"I just wanted to say thank you for last night, and I was wondering, since Mateo has to eat..."
"Could I feed him?" I smile as I glance at Percy. Percy nods with a dismissive wave of his hand. I rise up and walk to Mateo, who was on the verge of tears. "Hey baby!" I say enthusiastically. "Do you want some yummy yummy food?" Mateo gurgled back at me happily, so I decided to feed him the porridge in front of him.

🎄Time Skip To That Afternoon🎄

I sat in cabin nine, talking to Mateo aimlessly. In a few hours time, I would have to leave with Percy to my mom's house which is near the Institute. Oh gods! All the other Hephaestus kids were in the forge, so I was babysitting Mateo. He was soundlessly asleep. I held him in my arms, rocking me gently. I felt a pang of sadness in my heart. I shut my eyes tightly, holding Mateo closer. Everyone had someone in camp, Percy and Annabeth, Jason and Piper, Frank and Hazel. I was on my own, no one to look out for me. Percy was my brother, I needed someone more than a friend. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear the door open and Leo enter.

Leo's POV

I see (Y/n) standing in the centre of the room, holding Mateo close, as if he was about to be snatched away. "(Y/n)," I whisper gently, taking Mateo out of her arms. She slowly opened her eyes. They were glassy and hurt. "Percy's waiting for you in cabin three." A look of disappointment flashed across her face but disappeared as soon as it showed. She straightened up and nodded, forcefully smiling. She quickly walked out of the cabin. As soon as she stepped out she broke into a flat out sprint. I collapsed on my bed, staring out the window, hugging Mateo. I couldn't tell her how I felt, I would only break her, just like I broke everything I touched. I feel a single tear fall down and land of Mateo's head. I wipe my face and put Mateo in his cot and lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I wish (Y/n) could only know how I feel, then everything would be so different. So clear.

(Y/n)'s POV

I sprint towards my cabin, tearing up a little. I burst into my cabin, winded. Percy whirls around to see me in the door way. I wipe my face quickly. "I'm gonna go get ready." I state before grabbing my clothes from my bunk and hurry into the bathroom, leaving Percy staring after me. I hear the soft click of the bathroom lock, and slumped down against the door. I stared at my dress, (picture above) not knowing what my mother would think. She always thought dresses were very unflattering on me, but the girls in Aphrodite cabin thought differently. They had selected my outfit and Percy's. I had told how important this was to Piper and she got to work instantly. I smile as I think of all the great friends I had.

Percy's POV

I sit quietly on my bed, staring at the bathroom door. (Y/n) was a strange person in general, but sometimes she needed to be nudged a little so she would let out what she had tried, and failed, to bottle up. And right now, like a good big brother, I should've knocked on the door and asked (Y/n) what was wrong. But occasionally she needed space. I knew, she felt like a she was a lost bird, something drifting in a sea of loneliness. But she needed someone more than a brother. She had a rough start life, and that damage could only be healed by love. Not the way a brother loved a sister. But more than that. Love that ran true and deep. My sister deserved only the best, and she would get what she deserved. I just wished she only saw what was in front of her.