So, We Meet Again

Start from the beginning

Sonic:

Having returned from the city with the items you needed to stock up on for during the colder months, you kept feeling as though someone had been following you since entering the woods. Keeping your guard up as you took the long way, just seeing if whoever was actually following you or just taking the same path. It was clear you had someone on your tail. The closer to your home the slower you got. As you sniffed the air, it was clear to you who had been stalking you "Have you come to pay me back?" You called out as the man from the waterfall appeared holding a large basket in his arms that was full of both canned and fresh foods. "How did you know I was following you?" He asked curious knowing that he had not made a single sound as he followed you. "I could smell you, that's also how I found you the first time when you stole my vegetables." Sonic seemed to look you over more. "I'm part fox demon. Like any demon my scent is stronger than humans." The man nodded "That's why you live out here. So, during attacks you don't get targeted." He said easily piecing everything together easily, making you smile "I am [Name], it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm sorry, our first encounter wasn't very pleasant, and we never introduced ourselves." The slim man nodded "I am Speed-o'-Sound Sonic." "That is a very long name. Should I call you triple S?" He smirked as you both continued to walk to your home. "Everyone calls me Sonic, I'm from a ninja village." He explained while you both entered your home. Placing the items, you had bought on the dining room table, Sonic copied your actions with the basket he had brought you. "This should be enough to pay you back for what I took." Curiosity had gotten the better of you, peaking into the basket it was clear he had more than paid you back with the amount and quality of the items. "This will be perfect. I hear this winter will be brutally cold in the forest." Sonic nodded in agreement "You might need more firewood. I could help out; I practice on a lot of logs but once I've broken them into pieces, they're not very useful for me. I only build small fires. Most of it goes unused." You smiled softly at him "I would really appreciate that. In return you're welcome to stay here while you train. I'll get you a spare key." "No need, have you forgotten already? I am a ninja; I can let myself in." You paused for a moment "Have you already gotten in on your own before?" There was a long pause before he spoke again "I really should get back to training. Till next time [Name]." With that he vanished in the blink of an eye. "His been in here before....."

King:

Finishing the first day as a hero you actually were fairly disappointed that nothing had happened. Not that you wanted to wish monster attacks on the cities but, you had been looking forward to proving yourself as a hero. As you walked along feeling the disappointment dampening your first day. You decided to go to your favourite otaku store and see if there was anything you needed for your collection or maybe even a new game to play. It wasn't like your day could get any worst from checking out the store, right? As you looked around there was plenty of items you wanted but didn't need leaving you with a decision. Leave empty handed or spend the 200$ you had saved and get a few things. Needless to say, you were out 200$. But, come on! They were rare collector items. How could anyone expect you to walk away from that on a bad day? Your self restraint wasn't that powerful. You could skip out on fast food. You could skip out on eating sweets. You could even walk away from a designer brand 60% sale. But your weakness for video games and otaku memorabilia was far too strong to over come. Bags in your hand you started heading home feeling better about how your day was ending. A loud blast quickly caught your attention. A powerful centaur monster was running about, each step he took broke more of the pavement. He didn't plan on letting every human in the area leave, he was planning a hostage situation. 'I knew horses were smart, but this is dangerously intelligent. No hero in their right mind would try to attack. I'm sure I can take it down but how do I do it safely?' You pondered trying to see if an opening was available. 'Wait? Is that the famous King's engine?' standing not too far from you was the S-Class hero King himself. 'His got to be trying to figure this as well. His the strongest man alive, I guess even he needs to have a plan before attacking.' The centaur turned it's full attention to King. The man didn't move which gave you enough time to get a running start and jump onto the creature's back, in turn distracting it even more. Grabbing hold of what little mane you could gave you enough to stay on it's back while the others ran to safety. The rest of the battle went by too quickly for you to even remember it. One moment you're on it's back and the next it's on the ground in a pool of it's own blood. Allowing everything to sink in gave King time to come by your side holding the bags you at one point were holding. "You dropped these." He informed you trying to keep things short. Taking them from the scared man made your stomach start to turn. "I actually fought a monster." It was all sinking in causing your body to go out of shock, allowing your nerves to kick in and get the best of you. "Are you alright? Do you need a hospital?" "No, I'll be fine. This is the first time I have actually fought a monster. My nerves are shot to hell." King nodded softly before taking something out of his sweater pocket "Play this for a bit. It will take your mind off of what just happened so your nerves can settle." Glancing down at the Gameboy he handed you, caused a joyful scream "I love this game! I haven't played it in years!"