"Nope."

"I think a maid outfit would look sexy on you." 

I cleared my throat, glaring as I attempted to smack his arm but he simply caught me before I could make any kind of contact, running his hand down the length of my arm until he reached my hand, fingers now intertwined. I stared down at our hands perfectly molded together with wide eyes, breathing faltering.

"To be honest," he said and leaned closer, "I'm just trying to find any reason to get you to come over more often. I want to see you every day." His lips gently nuzzled against my ear and I let out a little squeal, much to his delight. 

Jungkook's eyes danced with excitement, so innocently dangerous, and for a moment the world felt timeless. His laugh a sirens tune, I soon realized would follow him into the deep fury of waves if it meant we'd never part.

Thump thump.

I averted my eyes to the sand that stretched out for miles, trying to calm my rapidly beating heart. The cool water ran periodically against our feet as we continued to walk down the shoreline.

Suddenly Jungkook stopped, turning to face me slowly.

"Jungkook, what's wrong?" I was so nervous my voice sounded the equivalent of a dying squirrel but Jungkook didn't seem to notice as he grabbed both of my hands, pulling my body flush against his. 

'Don't panic, don't panic! Oh God, I'm panicking!'

I gulped as he leaned in closer, squeezing my eyes shut tight and waited for his lips. All nerves became a collective ball at the base of my stomach as I quickly racked my brain if my breath smelled bad, or if I even put on Chapstick today. 

His thumb brushed on the side of my face lightly. "You had some sand on your cheek." 

And with that Jungkook dropped his arms, continuing to walk down the shore.

He glanced back at me with a knowing smile on his face. "You coming?"

--

"It's been a while since I've been here," I said excitedly as we entered the carnival gates hand in hand. 

We spent most of the day at the beach, talking, laughing, and playing in the water. We even had a sand castle building contest. Unfortunately, he's definitely a better artist than me. I couldn't deny that his Spongebob was pretty accurate while my poor attempt at a mermaid tail looked more like a warped anchor.

I got to know more about Jungkook's life. 

He grew up with extremely strict parents. They pretty much ran his entire life even though they weren't around most of the years growing up. They always had business matters to take care of; being a leading contender in the fashion industry couldn't be easy and inheriting the family business had to be stressful. 

That's why he started to throw parties in the first place, so that he wouldn't feel as lonely. 

--

"If there's people around, at least for a moment, it doesn't feel like I've always been alone," he said when we were sitting on the beach, ice creams in hand. 

I never thought about how empty he must feel without anyone around him to love, to care for. I should have noticed it, considering how vacant his house seemed to be.

"You don't have any real friends?"  I asked while making sure the vanilla didn't melt onto my hand. 

He thought for a moment, staring down at his own sweet treat. "Real friends? Not really, well besides you," he nudged my arm playfully and I smiled.