Unexpected Calls

I have had writers block. My uncle just died of cancer. My grandma just got diagnosed with cancer and has to have a full hysterectomy. I can't have kids cause I have PCOS and I just started my senior year. Sorry I've been gone. I've missed y'all.

It had been two weeks. Two weeks and Andrews words have been floating through my mind almost every second. So many different questions had been in my head and as I push Venus on the swing I almost felt like crying. Nobody deserves that. Nobody. It makes me feel like the innocence of Ivy was stripped away from her too soon and this is why she is showing out like a child.

But how could it be if she didn't know. Or does she know? Does she have vague memories of it happening. What on earth could it all mean. I needed answers. I needed answer for her. Was Michael really running for Mayor? Or was that Andrews way of keeping me quiet. It shouldn't be, cause I would still go after him. Him and all of his friend.

I shake my head and focus back in on whats happening around me and give my attention to Venus who was laughing and having a good time on the swing. She jumps off and runs across the playground to a group of girl and I sit down on a near by bench and watch her as I think of all I have found out in the past few weeks. It was enough to make my head spin.

My phone rings in my pocket but I choose to ignore it until I notice the ringtone is different than usual. I fish it out and answer without looking because I knew that ringer.

"Hello?" I ask and I hear a nervous Ivy on the other end. "Wyatt. I need your help. If I could ask anybody else I would. Just ...can you come get me." This was beyond a shock. She hadn't wanted to acknowledged my number in almost a year and it worried me a great deal.

"Why what's wrong?" I ask as I stand up, already looking for Venus in order to make a hasty get away.
"I lost my license when I left your house and I can't drive but I need you to drive me somewhere."she says with a bit of panic in her voice and I run over to Venus as I curse at Ivy.

"You lost your license? What the hell. Are you talking about lost it or was it taken by the police?Where do you need to go?" I ramble on as I pick up Venus in my arms and walk quickly to my car. She protests at first and struggles but I shake my head at her.

"My father is awake. Bruce told me I have to come as soon as possible. He won't tell me why." I buckle Venus in her seat and when she goes to speak I hold up a finger and point to my phone. She nods with a deep set pout and waits as I run up into the front seat and turn on the car.

"Um yes. I can do that. Where do I pick you up?" I say pulling out the park quickly and she clears her throat. "I'm on the corner of our old apartment building." I hang up and drive towards my old apartment and look at Venus through the mirror. "Venus. I need to ask a big favor of you. Can you stay with Uncle Eli for a little bit while I take Ivy somewhere important." I ask and she frowns at me.

"Wyatt... if you go. You better make things right with her. Or at least help her. She wasn't Ivy at the party. She was bad. Mean. Just not Ivy." She says and I sigh and focus on the road. "I promise you. I will try with every fiber in my body, okay?" I ask her and I pull into a parking spot at the apartment. I see Ivy standing there and I point to the car. "Get in. I have to drop Venus off so she's not in the middle of this." I say and she nods, pushing her bag on her shoulder more and nodding. Not making much eye contact.
I pick up Venus and go to my old apartment and I make a loud knock echo through the tiny hall. Eli opens the doors and smiles at me.

"I need a favor. Watch Venus for me. I have literally no idea how long I'll be gone, but I will call with updates as frequently as possible." I rush out and he furrows his eyes. "Woah. Hold your horses. Where you off to?" He asks placing a hand on Venus as he looks at me waiting for an answer. "I don't know much actually. I'm going to Eden and I don't know when I'll be back man. But she called me. Ivy wanted me to take her. Me!" I say in an almost pathetic manner and he shakes his head.

"You can't just up and leave town. You'll loose your roll to someone else if you're not around. I am not working with Dean. He is a complete asshole who doesn't know how to fu-" I hold my hand up and point at Venus and he frowns. "Do you think this is what is going to bring y'all together? Cause I swear if this isn't it. I want you to never think of her again and let her be in self destruct mode. Because this isn't healthy for you."

This was a lot to think about. To never think of her again sounded like hell but I nodded to get him off my back. I was determined. "Dean can have whatever part he wants. I'll settle with the squealers." I say giving him a quick embrace and take a key out of my pocket. "Here's the house key. Anything you need just go get, hell you could crash there for all I care. " I say and run out the door.

I get back to the car and Ivy is sitting in the passenger seat with a bag in her lap waiting patiently. She is messing with her hands and seems to be in her own little world. She jumps when I get in the car and reach for my phone to start a gps. "The hospital is in Eden?" I ask and she nods briefly and looks back at her lap. I grab my phone, programming it in silence and I look over at her. "The name of the hospital?" I ask and she look at the gps in my hands and sets her hands out.  I give it to her and she hands it back programmed, but our hands touch for a second and my heart skips a beat. She jerks her hand away quickly and buckles her seat belt.

"Do you want to play music?" I asks and she shakes her head and I shrug and start to drive. "Good. Then we can talk."