New member

I enter the Porn Palace half awake as I  walk into Max's office for a meeting he called today with a knew team member. "Some one looks tired, didn't you have a rough night after you lost you shit?" Max ask with a raised brow and I mock laugh, flipping him off as I set my head down on his desk. I groan at the throbbing in my head and sigh as feel Max's eyes on me.

"You acted like a 5 year old yesterday." I says and I shoot him a nasty look, setting my head up a bit. "But, I understand why you did it. Ivy is your weak spot. I get that. She makes people around her change. She is something unique." I nod looking down at my phone and smile at my lock screen like an idiot. I hadn't changed Ivy as my back ground since I met her. She was just always there on my phone. Making me do right. Keeping my thinking straight. I had texted her the number and all it did was say read and nothing else. I only said a friend had wanted me to give it to her. Nothing more.

"I'm not being a five year old. I care about her. Sorry for caring, asshole." I say and he stands up from his seat. "What did you call me?"he says in a very deep voice and yanks me up by my ear to make me stand up and look at him.

"You heard me. I called you an asshole. You sleep with my girl and try and take the place of my father because you lost your chance at having a family."  The words flew out of my mouth and I knew there was no way of stopping them. They were out in the air. Big and ugly.

He looked at me with a pained look and I saw his fist ball up. He takes a deep breath and walks past me to walk out the door and I grab his arm. "I am giving you the benefit of the doubt since you are hungover. You can greet our new graphic designers. Prove that you can be an adult for five minutes." He says and literally picks my hand up off of him and throws it down. I sigh and sit down at his desk.

When I get home. I am throwing away all alcohol. I swear by it. I don't like myself when I drink and it is starting to affect me afterwards just as bad.

There is a knock at the door and I see a guy peek his head in. He gives me a dashing smile and steps in with a quirked brow. "Do you know where Mr.Princeton is?" He asks and I stand up, gesturing my hand out for a hand shake. "I am his nephew Wyatt Princeton. I will be here to discuss with you your job." He nods and he step in, along with a girl. They sit down in front if the desk and the girl gives his hand a squeeze.

"Not to be too frank but is she your girlfriend?" I ask and the girl smile politely. "Yes, I am happily taken by my partner here." She says and looks at him. "And does this affect your work?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Good enough for me then."

"Now Andrew Smith is it... it says here you used to work at a small locally owned business from your home town." I say raising a brow up at him and he nods.

"Yes. Yes I have to work it very vaguely. I'm from middle of no where Eden which isn't very far from here, but I was the graphic designer for my friend who is running for Mayor. I did his website and was a trusted member of his campaign team." I nod and lean back.

"You say you're from Eden. Would you happen to know an Ivy Lynn?" I say and his eyes widen and he looks nervous. "The name doesn't ring a bell." He says and I nod, standing up.

"Natalie dear. Would you come with me. I would like to speak with Andrew for a moment. But I want to go ahead and get you started  I think this will be a great fit guys. I'll hand you off to my good friend Aurora." I say and she nods happily and gets up, giving Andrews arm a squeeze. I walk out behind her and point her to a door that was half opened and wave Aurora over. "Hey sweetheart. Could you show Natalie around, she is a photographer that is here with the new graphic designer. Just let her get a feel of the place for me. Will you?"

She nods and smiles, interlocking there hands as they walk off and start to talk.

I loose my smile as I walk back into the room,shutting and locking the door. He is standing up and pacing at the moment and he looks nervous when he sees me.

"Now. Would you like to answer that question again. Because it sure does seem like you know something." I say and he clears his throat. "Um, well we went to chill together but I mean I haven't seen her in years." He rushes out and I nod. Sitting down. I gesture for him to do the same and he does so quickly.

"Tell me what you know about her from school." I say,intrigued and he sighs.

"Umm well. She dated my buddy Michael and things didn't end well. That's about allI know." She says and shrugs, looking down at his fingers.

"Off the record of anyone ever finding out that I know you are friends with her rapist. What would you tell me?"

He silent. For a very long time. He looks to almost be in pain. I slap my hands on the counter and he jumps. "Say it. Whatever it is. Just say it."

"Prom night wasn't the only night okay!" He says and my heart drops. "What?" There has been other time but she didn't know man. It wasn't just Michael either- fuck. I can't say anymore. This goes no where man. I mean it. Not a fucking word!" He says and my eyes widen.

"What do you mean!" He shakes his head. "I can't say anymore. The guy that is running for mayor is Michael." He says and my eyes narrow at him and I look down.

"God. What the hell have you gotten yourself wrapped up in?" I say and he sighs. "Nothing worse than what you have going man... look. I really need this job." I nod blankly and look at the desk as I gesture for the door. "Go catch up with your girl. You have the job. Just expect to hear more from me." I say with a tone of finality and he nods. Looking white as a ghost.

What did he mean that it had happened before. It happened with other guys too? Or was he saying that other guys have gotten away with stuff like that on prom night. Maybe there was more than one rape maybe.....