Happenings

"MY MAN!" Eli screams in a loud voice and I pull the phone away from my ear. "God dude. Why are you so happy?" I ask and he chuckles and pauses.

"Let's just say I have something for I you at my place tonight. But, you have to come over with Venus. Aubrie wants us to all have a meal together." He says and I furrow my brows at his reasoning. I stand up and glance at my phone for the time. "Um, then I guess I'll see you in about an hour?" I ask and Aubrie cheers in the background. "See you then love!" She screams into the phone and I chuckle hanging up.

I couldn't imagine what it was that he wanted to give to me. He already helped me so much as a friend, I didn't need anything else from him.

I peak my head into Venus' bedroom to find her sitting at her desk, working on homework. The same homework she had been working on for about 4 hours now.

"Hey Angel, are you still working on homework?" I ask and she shakes her head and I furrow my eyebrows down at the math on her paper.

"I'm trying to be better than Penny Schnapps. She's so smart and she thinks she's the smartest person like ever. I just wanna knock her off her high pony. You know?" She says and I chuckle at her reasoning. I lean over and kiss her forehead. "Well that can wait since it's Friday. Do you want to go over to Eli and Aubrie's for dinner tonight?" I ask and she nods, putting her things away neatly and rushing to the bathroom to wash up a bit. I chuckle and go to my room and take my time in getting ready because I was still sore.

Me being a creep and listening in on Ivy's conversation had a big price to pay. It had been about 4 days since that had happened and I was beginning to be less in pain and more swollen from the over exertion.

When I arrive at Eli's place I stand outside the door for a moment and glance at Ivy's old apartment. Oh how I miss the memories in there, some where like dreams and some my deepest darkest nightmares. Venus knocks on the door, sending me out of my trance. Eli opens the door and grins a lazy smile.

He was on his way to being drunk.

I step in side and as I turn around to close the door I imagine Ivy looking in with a shocked face. That same shocked face I had seen the first time I ever caught a glance of her. When I turn around I smile at Aubrie and my eyes have to do a double take as I look beside her. Bruce? 

"Wyatt man, how have you been?" He asks coming over with open arms. He had a large scar on his exposed chest and a heavy limp. I hug him back hard and smile. "What the hell happened to you man?" I ask and he goes quiet and so does everyone else.

Aubrie grabs Venus' hand and walk into the living room area with her and turn on T.V as they begin to talk. "This is a story beat left told over dinner, as long as you don't mind Venus hearing." He says and I nod my head and furrow my brows. "Yes, I guess so... well how have you been. How are you and the lady?" I ask and he smiles.

"We are engaged." He says and I give him a pat to the shoulder. "Good for you man! I'm very happy for you." I say and he smiles a huge grin but it falters as he looks at me. He sighs looking down and Eli gestures for us to go and sit at the table as he finishes in the kitchen.

"That could have been you and Ivy by now." He says and frowns, looking down. "So you heard?" I ask andnsnd he nods, glancing over at Aubrie.

"I haven't spoken to Ivy since that night. My father... he ruined a lot of things that night." He says and my fist tightens at the mention of his father.

"When I say I hate you're father, hate is not even a good enough description of the dismay I have towards that sorry piece of shit." I say and he draws his lips into a tight line. "Well you don't have to worry about him because he's gotten what was coming for him. He's been in a coma ever since that night." He says and I instantly felt like a shitty person.

"Oh I'm sor-" he holds up a hand and shakes his head. "No, don't. It's his own damn fault. He's the one that tried to take the wheel out of my hands." He says and I glance at the tip of the scar peaking from under his shirt. "Is that what happened to you?" I ask and he nods, revealing the rest of his scar.

"I had crushed ribs that tried to puncture my heart so they had to Crack open my entire chest. He says and I sigh. "How the hell did you both wreck?" I ask and he he gets a disgusted look at the memory.

"I was have a strong screaming session with him. I found out so many secrets about our family and then... then the rest was fuzzy. The rest was only adrenaline keeping me from collapsing." He says and I grab his hand in mine and give it a squeeze. "A soldier till the end." I say and he smile.

"Have you seen Ivy lately?" He asks me and I nod. He sighs and looks down. "Ivy had a date tonight so she told me to find something to do but... she's gone back to her ways before Michael. Before Michael I was a bit ashamed that she was my sister. She had a reputation for getting around. Not sex... but handies and blowies in the school locker room were her go to.  She uses sexual things as a coping mechanism. I swear this isn't her. Please know that she deep down still loves you." He says and his eyes widen at my face and feel a tear slip against my cheek. "Um, I'm gonna go to the bathroom."I say and quickly walk out into the hall and close the door, locking it behind me.

What he just said... was hope. It was hope that maybe I was strong enough to pull her back from the edge. I could help my love. I just needed to get back into her life and work from there.