28

*LEXI'S POV*
I'd thought that Gracie was finally becoming herself but then she sent me a text 'I'm not like you' and my heart broke for the third time that night. I couldn't believe I let her kiss me and make me feel like that after watching her with someone else.

Caleb dropped me home and my mother and Jackson were watching tv. They gave me the silent treatment for the rest of the evening and I was glad that neither of them were talking to me.

When I woke up on the Saturday, the night was a complete blur. I couldn't remember anything that happened. In fact I only knew that something actually did happen because of the head ache I gained when I woke up that morning.

I didn't used to party that hard, when I was in London it used to just be Steph and I, we had fake ID's but rarely used them. We mostly just ate food and got really pissed, just the two of us.

But then later in the day I saw a video on Facebook that I'd been tagged in many times. It was of me in front of the karaoke machine holding a microphone. I was staring at someone in the audience, my guess was that Gracie was looking back at me. I'd rambled on about loving someone and how they made me feel. Just watching the video for the second time, I realised how true my drunken words were.

*GRACIE'S POV*
When Caleb and Blake entered and the door opened, I could hear mum and dad still arguing in the kitchen. I'd been hiding in the basement for the past two hours, partially because I didn't want to listen to my parents arguing but mostly because it was my favourite room in the house. I always went in there to read or to watch a movie, it made me relax and it felt like I'd left all my problems at the door.

Caleb and Blake flung themselves down onto the couch next to me. I didn't look up at them but I knew that they were both looking at me, wondering what they should say.

"He won't be mad for much longer," Caleb commented, but I think he only said that because we were all just sat in silence waiting for someone else to speak. Caleb didn't exactly know why they were fighting or why I was so affected by it unless Blake had told him but by his face he didn't know. He just thought I'd gotten upset because they were arguing so he tried to comfort me.

I shrugged, "He sounds pretty mad Caleb,"

The basement was soundproof so there was no way we could've heard what they were saying but every few minutes I thought I could but it was just in my head.

I looked over at my two brothers, even though they weren't really saying anything I felt so much happier with them in the room.

I hadn't noticed it before but Caleb had a slight black eye and his jaw was wonky. The swelling made it look pretty fresh which made me wonder when exactly he'd been smacked.

"What happened?" I motioned to his face but he didn't smirk like I'd expected him to. His face wrinkled up like he was about to cry but he didn't. Caleb told me that it was just football practice but I didn't believe him and I knew Blake didn't either.

I nodded at Blake, it was time.

"Hey I'm just going to shower," Blake used as an excuse.

Caleb just nodded then he said he was going to stay with me for a bit. When Blake left, I put on a movie to make it less awkward for what I was about to say.

I was watching him watch the movie. Something was up with him because he couldn't concentrate on the tv, his eyes kept on glancing to one corner of the room and then the other.

I didn't want to wait any longer.
"Caleb there's something I haven't told you,"

"Mhm?"