Stay: Part 2

Star's group made their way to St Olga's. The plan was that there would be a distraction while Star went off on her own to find Marco.

The group was Star, her parents, and some nights and guards from the castle. Ponyhead tried to crash the rescue party, but Star told her that she didn't want ponyhead to see her so angry...or violent...

Once they got to the castle, Star had to be restrained from running inside too quickly. "Star think this through." Her mother told her, holding her back.

Star obeyed but was still looking at the school in disgust...and worry. "Mom who knows what they're doing to him now. He's been missing for days. It's me they want. I know that. Let me go."

"Star you don't understand, we have a plan. We won't let anything else happen to Marco. Now listen to your mother." Stars father put an arm around Her as Queen Butterfly went over the plan.

"You will hide out here while the adults go inside. Count to 60 and then follow us inside. There will be fighting involved so be careful. We will take care of the fighting so you just find Marco and sneak around. No. Fighting. Only defend yourself and find Marco."

Star didn't know if she would be able to keep that promise. As far as she was concerned, finding Marco was top priority...but once she saw Meteora...there would be hell to pay...

———

"59, 60! Alright...I got this." Star made her way into the school slowly. She was going to do the best that she could to keep her moms orders.

When she got to the first room...her mom wasn't kidding. Everyone was in some sort of battle. But Meteora was no where to be seen. Guards were everywhere. Star spotted her mom in a battle, and her dad as well.

She made her way out of that room and down a hallway. She looked in every room...nothing. She was starting to get frantic. She was starting to panic.

Each new door she opened or knob she turned, "Marco! Can you hear me?!" She knew that she wasn't supposed to draw attention to herself, but she didn't care anymore.

"Well princess...here we are." She knew that voice...

"Where is he Meteora?" She turned around to face her. Star was at one end of the hallway while she was at the other.

"Comfortable." She said with a nasty grin on her face. "But nevermind him, it's you I really want sweetie, you see, for me to succeed in taking over the thrown....you need to be out of the picture...for good. Once I have you, the queen will rightfully step down...and once she does, I'll get rid of you both. Simple as that."

Star wasn't really listening to anything she had to say. "Where's Marco??" She could feel herself letting go.

Meteora was confused. "Did you not hear what I just sai-" She was cut off by a blast to the face by Stars wand.

"Oh I heard you, but I don't care. YOU CAN HAVE ME BUT LET HIM GO!" Star was breaking. The blast knocked Meteora down. Star knew that there was only one room left....

She opened the door slowly...did she really just kill her? "Marco?" She whispered as she opened the door..."what happened to you?"

He was strapped up to a chair...beaten, cut, bruised...and still breathing. "Star?" He barely managed to utter.

She ran over to him. And used her wand to blast off the restraints. She caught him before he hit the ground. He was bleeding...badly...

"I'm going to get you out of here." She said. She was beginning to cry. How could she let this happen? It was all-

"It's not your fault..." He knew exactly what she was thinking. "Did she hurt you?" How could he even be thinking about her right now.

She smiled "worry about yourself for once dummy." She had to get him out of here. She used his hoodie to use as bandages to try to stop the bleeding.

"Star...behind...-" star looked behind her, and Meteora was getting away...she knew that she lost. Rage was building up in Star. Her hearts on her cheeks turned green. She did this to Marco. She's the one who hurt him. She took him away from her.

Tears were still rolling down her face. She was getting up to finish this...to end her...suddenly a hand grabbed her. "Let her go star...I'm ok."

Everyone snapped back into reality. Her face returned to normal and Meteora got away. She was crying again, but this time it was out of happiness. "I'm ok Star." Marco said pulling her into a hug. "You saved me...now I need to return the favor by not letting you do something that you'll regret..."

Marcos arms were around Star. They were on the floor. Star hugged him back tightly. "I'll stay Marco. Thank you." She had so much more to say to him, they both did. But they didn't need words to get their point across to each other.

And for that moment, everything seemed ok...