Safe

The monster shed it's skin as it charged towards them. "Step aside milady" Marco says sarcastically as he steps ahead of star.

"Not a chance Diaz." Star begins to run at the monster with her wand in hand. This guy was a lot harder then they thought he would be. The two were bored and wanted something to do, so they tracked down a monster to fight like they always do.

This monster was big. I'm not talking Meteora big. But it was pretty huge.

Star casts a 'spider with a top hat' spell. The spiders top hat unfolds into what seems like a machine gun. The monster simply unleashes it's spikes and blocks all of the bullets. "Uh...Marco?" Star looks to her friend for some sort of idea on how to beat this thing.

"Like I said, leave it to the professionals Star." He winks at her and goes for the monster. Marco takes off his hoodie while running and throws it on the beast as a distraction. Star comes up behind, but keeping a distance to see what Marco will do.

The hoodie diversion buys him a few seconds to look for the monsters weak spot. Every monster has one. He finds an area where a spike isn't poking out of its skin. "Gotcha." He says.

Star sees what he is doing and fires small spells to keep it focused on her. The hoodie flies off as the monster rips the hoodie by its sleeve.

Marco is about to go for a kick at the weak point but quickly stops as he sees the monster begin to charge up for something. The monster gains a smirk and looks directly at Star. The spikes begins to slowly sink into its skin. Marco knows what's about to happen. "Star get down!"

She can't hear him. She's still fighting. Marcos feet begin to move on their own. The monster is almost done "powering up."

Star doesn't see this but Marco does. The spikes fly out of the monster at an intense speed. Star notices and shuts her eyes while ducking down to avoid the spikes, when all of the sudden....they don't hit her. She doesn't even feel a graze of metal against her.

She's on the ground and opens her eyes...Marco is on top of her. "Marco what are you doing?" She says while laughing. "Did you think doing this would give you upper hand against me fighting?" But Marco doesn't move.

She notices...there are spikes in his back...her smile fades. "Why...?" She asks. He smiles at her now.

"Star I like adventures, but I like keeping you safe more..." he begins to cough blood. "He's got a weak spot. On his back." He says, trying to stay up right.

"I don't care about that." She says now crying. "Get up so I can get you out of here."

His arms begin to shake over her. "Don't worry about me." Marco can't hold on any more. He leans to the left and falls to the ground, on his stomach. Star leans up and sees his back. It's covered in blood from the spikes.

"Marco..." She stands up. Star is full of rage. This was supposed to be a fun day for them both. Tears are streaming down her face.

The monster is standing tall. But so is star. She walks toward the monster and unleashes every spell she possibly has on the monster. She turns the beast around with a warnicorn stampede, exposing its weak spot. She aims her wand at the spot and casts one, final, spell.

The monster shakes...and then tumbles to the ground. After the realization of the monster going down, Star rushes back to Marco and flips him over.

"Marco! Wake up! Marco!"