Chapter 20

I woke up feeling sore. I groaned as I tossed over and let my hand venture across the soft sheets in hopes to land contact with Damian. But when I never felt him, I felt a sleepy frustration wash over me. I opened my eyes and looked around. I was alone in the suite with the dim light of rain clouds seeping through the windows. Damian was gone. Memories of last night flooded through my head.

I couldn't believe Alpha Bruno was Jason's mate. I perked a tad as I heard loud voices. I got up carefully. Why was it so loud?

I paused. I could hear yelling. I cautiously opened the door and stepped down the hallway. I paused. It sounded like the entire pack was outraged. Were they about to have another fight? I came to the hall corner and peaked around.

Jason, Damian and Joehn stood on the addressing platform, facing the rest of the pack. This is where they held the pack anniversary. Everyone was tense. The crowed shouted out among themselves as Joehn and Damian stood tensely, both of them scanning the crowed to keep ahold of what everyone was yelling. Jason stared into the eyes of another male in the crowed, looking as if he wanted nothing more than to sink his teeth into his throat.

"You're supposed to be a beta! What a fucking disgrace to the pack" yelled the male over the countless voices of the rest of the pack. I felt my eyes widened. The utter disrespect was unfathomable. It reminded me of back when I first officially met Damian and I felt my body cringe. Jason stormed up to the front of the platform, making the entire room go silent.

"I am your beta" snapped Jason. His voice echoed through out the now quiet hall. "Dont talk about me and my mate, I could-" I watched as suddenly, Joehn pulled Jason back, leaving the front of the platform. The disrespect was enough for me to want nothing more than to have the pack member exiled. As I looked up at Joehn, Jason and Damian, I could tell that at that moment they probably felt the same. But Damian was to collected and focused on diffusing the situation.

Jason struggled hard, protesting against Joehn's determined hold.
"Let me go! This bastard-"
"No, Jason, listen to your alpha!" Ordered Damian.
"Jason has a new alpha. The only difference is that he takes it up the ass from the new one" barked the male. Damian turned, his eyes dark. The male raised his eyebrows, taken off guard as some in the crowed moved backwards. I couldn't help but feel pleased at the slight look of unsureness.

"You dare talk to your beta in such a disrespectful way? And with such vulgar language included. Maybe a good few months of territory patrols would do you good. Or maybe you need more than that. Maybe you'd like to sleep with the rogues for a while."
"Alpha, males mating with each other is-"
"You know nothing" growled Damian as he stepped towards the male. I watched intensely as the male looked down at the ground.

Damian's shook his head. He wasn't just disrespecting Jason, he was also disrespecting Damian.
"What makes it so wrong? Nothing. I wanted this attitude to die from the pack when Alpha Michael did. But what a shame, Tyler, that you have been so blind" snapped Damian. He looked at the rest of the crowed and boomed loudly for the whole room to hear, not a single word muffled.

"Males have been mates before. Many packs. Huge and powerful leaders mating with another male. It happens in and outside of this pack. You shaming anyone, especially your beta, brings more shame and consequence upon yourself than it brings upon them. This shows a huge flaw in all of you that decided to harass your own loyal beta. I have watched him save many of your lives. You're too narrow minded. And frankly, I find it very upsetting that our pack was in a huge battle last night, leaving loyal and honourable people dead, yet you all rather focus on whether your beta likes men."

Tyler and the crowed were taken aback. The room was silent and I raked my eyes over their sorrowful looks, many crying or hanging their head in complete shame. My eyes searched Damian, whom was full of heavy dissapointment as he stood, staring everyone down, his shoulders broad and controlling the pack strongly with his words. A handsome leader with unmatchable power here.