Chapter 6

I woke up in misery, my eyes still closed. Another day in jail. A shiver ran through me as I laid in the cold drafty room. It was dark and I had a teasing dream of escape. Damian had come to get me. I tensed up, ready to be harassed by my cell mates. But nothing came.

I opened my eyes to see that gold light flooded through the room. I felt hope course through me. It wasn't a dream. I was home. I felt tears of happiness slip down my cheeks. Thank god. I sat up and went for a shower. I put on a light grey shirt and jeans then walked out to the living room to see Damian sitting on the couch, reading something.

He noticed me and got up abruptly. His hair looked like he had anxiously ran his fingers through it many times. He wore a black shirt with jeans and seemed a bit concerned, his eyes quickly looking me over.
"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded and his eyes flashed with an unclear emotion. He suddenly looked almost mad or emotionless.
"You ran from your own pack" he said suddenly. His voice was calm, but I felt it eerie. The calm before the storm. "Do I have to punish you?" I felt myself shutter.

I looked down at the ground and grabbed my arm.
"I- I'm sorry. I didn't... I just didn't know what to do" I said.
"What do you mean?" He asked. "You were struggling, so you ran?"
"I didn't have anyone to turn to" I said, suddenly feeling stressed.
"What are you talking about? I'm your mate. That's what I'm for."
I shook my head.

"You wouldn't have listened. You hit me." I looked up at him. His expression changed to surprise and confusion.
The room went silent, as if the quiet was to heavy to pierce.

"I couldn't focus for a second" he said suddenly. "You could have been anywhere, dead, never to come back." He looked away and ran his fingers through his hair, a look of frustration spread across his face. "When I realized you were gone and I couldn't find you, I..." he shook his head, quickly and walked out into the hallway as if he would shift any second.

I quickly walked to the doorway and watched him walk into what I guessed was his office, slamming the door. I leaned on the wall and sighed. I closed the door and walked down the hallway. How many people knew I ran away? I walked into the main hall and walked through towards the other hallway.

"Hey, isn't that the guy the Alpha was carrying?" Yelled someone. Everyone looked at me.
Who wouldn't want to see the runaway that caused Alpha Damian to send his finest men in a retrieval mission?

I could hear them talk amongst themselves.
"Who is that?"
"Is that the Alpha's brother?"
"This whole mission for one scrawny guy? Why is he so special?"
"Damian went crazy because one of his friends went missing?"
"Damn. They must be close friends."

Friends. They all had this misconception of us being "friends." What would they be saying when they realized that I wasn't what they thought I was? I felt overwhelmed and walked into the hallway, the voices fading.
"Hey, Alley." I turned to see Lori, she was alone.
"Uh... hi?" I replied.
"What's this about you, Damian and a mission, hm?"

"Never mind" I said. Honestly, please leave. I turned away, only for her to walk in front of me.
"Excuse me! I'm talking to you."
"Get out of the way, brat" I sighed. She raised her eyebrows in surprise.
"How dare you! I'm telling Damian!" I rolled my eyes as she stormed off and continued walking down the hallway.
[let's kill her] growled Shane.
[As if Damian is going to do anything about this] I reassured him.

I turned the corner and collided into someone else. They quickly steadied me, placing their hands on my shoulders. I looked up to meet his bright brown eyes. He had brown hair and gave off a air of authority. I identified him quickly as the soldier who had offered to carry me yesterday.
"I'm sorry" I apologized quickly as he let go of me.
"Sorry. It was my fault too. Alec, right?" I nodded.
"And you are?" I asked.
"My names Leon. I was apart of your retrieval squad." I nodded. He had a soothing voice.

"I see, um, thank you for helping me, and sorry, again" I said, dipping my head.
"It's perfectly fine. If it's the Alpha's orders then I would gladly follow them."
"Uh, yeah. I see what you mean."
"Yeah, um, hey... maybe I could catch you for a drink sometime" he said. I raised my eyebrows and flinched as I heard a growl from behind me. I turned to see Damian, his eyes turning black and searing into Leon.

"What are you talking about?" His voice rang with warning that he could easily be sent over the edge.
"Alpha, I was asking if he wanted to get a drink."
"No" he he answered sternly, standing in front of me. "Alec will not be doing anything with you, Leon." Leon seemed surprised and a frustrated expression spread across his face.
"I'm sorry, Alpha." With that, he quickly walked past. I watched Leon down the hallway until out of sight.

What just happened? I turned around to Damian.
"What was that?" I asked. He narrowed his eyes as they went black. Shane whimpered.
"No other male is to be around you, other than me, my Beta or Delta" he stated, his voice an almost growl.
"What? Damian- I'm a guy. I'm not going to be looking at them in that way. I'm not interested in them like that."

"I don't care!" He barked suddenly. I instinctively took a step back. He took note of the motion and seemed to snap back from his wolf. My eyes shifted to the floor and I heard him walk away. That was the first time I had seen Damian like that.