A/N ~ Unfortunately...

...I'm putting this story on hiatus.

Like I said in the author's note of the previous chapter, I will finish this story, I promise. But for the time being, something about writing it...

It's just getting harder and harder.

So I'm going to stop lying to myself, stop saying "well, maybe tomorrow I'll write the next chapter." The unfortunate truth is, I just don't have the motivation to finish it that I used to.

So, I'm taking a break, stepping back from it. I'm going to play around with some other projects, maybe rewrite UnderCorrupt or GravityTale, or maybe that Black Mesa novelization I was considering, or maybe something else entirely. And then, once I've gotten this off my mind, maybe I'll come back to it, and maybe I'll actually be able to write it.

For those of you that aren't following me, and maybe just have this book in your library or something, please don't delete it just because it's on hiatus! I really am going to finish it, I promise, it just might be a while.

And for everyone who is following me, first of all, thank you for sticking with me as my updates have gotten progressively slower. I appreciate that immensely.

And secondly, like I said, even though this story is now on hiatus, I have some other things I want to try doing that you can expect to see from me soon enough! (In fact, as I'm writing this, the thought of rewriting UnderCorrupt almost gives me that spark of excitement for writing again! So that's probably what I'll do for now. Maybe.)

TL;DR, I need a break from this story, so I'm gonna go write some other things for a bit. But I will finish this! I promise!

After all, well... there is a reason for the title. [=

Ahhhhh it feels so good to do that face again