54 ~ Arrogantly Impressive

As time goes on, you keep a wary eye on Gaster. He's loud and eccentric, swears a lot, and sometimes starts breaking things when he gets frustrated, but you never see him exhibit that dark, twisted mentality you've heard rumor of, saw just a little glimpse of at that lunch.

Thankfully, as time goes on, the sickening thoughts fade from your mind.

Several months pass, and a few things happen.

First, you turn twelve.

Second, the lab is finished being built, and the skeleton family moves out of your basement and into the home built off the side of the lab. You're sad to see them go, even if it is just a few blocks down. The house seems quiet without them there.

And third, as the end of the school year approaches, so too does the third annual monster-human convention.

Even after nearly three years now, humans are still very wary of monsters. To ease the tension, way back when monsters first arrived on the surface, it was decided that every year, there would be a convention, when monsters and humans could meet in peace in a designated area. Last year, several world leaders even came to meet you and your monster friends.

You like the convention, a lot. There were a ton of different attractions, as monsters and humans tried to show each other the best of both races. Alphys has told you it's like a comicon, but just all about people, not anime or games or books.

Gaster, however, finds the idea... less than appealing. As Royal Scientist, he's kinda required to be there, but he assures you, he would rather not. Nonetheless, he's preparing an exhibit with several model CORE prototypes, and has said multiple times that if he's got to go, then he's going to make sure everyone is thoroughly impressed with the scope of his work.

You replied with a sarcastic, "the scope of your work, or the size of your ego?"

In turn, he gave you a cuff on the head and a snort. "Those are the same thing, you uneducated child."

In all honesty, though, his work is pretty amazing. Like he said, the new CORE is going to turn hydroelectricity into Magical energy, and the site for it is a little ways down the river that originates high on Mt. Ebbot. So far, it looks like the CORE will also double as a bridge across the river, giving it a secondary functionality as a travelable area, just like the original CORE.

You've seen a few concept designs for the new CORE. They're all different, and all look awesome, like futuristic bridges, sometimes with huge spires, or wide platforms spanning the river.

You can't wait to see what it will look like.

Also speaking of CORE prototypes, Gaster sometimes lets you sit in on the prototype testing. So far, there have only been two designs that actually came close to working, but Gaster assures you that it's already going quicker than the designs for the first CORE. Sans tells you that one took more than twenty years to even plan.

Sometimes, prototypes blow up, but Gaster never wants you to load your save file from before the explosions. "They blew up. Didn't work. What's the point of going back just to scrap the design anyway?"

When the convention arrives, you're just a little ball of determined excitement. You had a lot of fun last year, and you're going to make sure this year is exactly the same, if not better.