Chapter *38*

Later that day

It's 10:30 at night and Tyrie is still here. My dad is home now, and is in the kitchen with my mom trying to be nosy. Tyrie and I both know that he is listening to our every word. While he finds it hilarious, I just find it fucking annoying.

We were cuddled up on the couch watching some random show. I was barely paying attention to the tv. Instagram was my only entertainment right now. Ty was looking at my phone over my shoulder.

I saw a post that asked what your ex's name is in your phone. I showed him and asked what it was.

"Well her number is blocked, but if it was still there it would Popeye's Biscuit. Because they're both suffocating."

I was sputtering with laughter. I laid my head on my knees and snorted. That only made me laugh harder.

"Whew. That was my laugh of the day. You get on my nerves I'm sure she wasn't that- yes no she probably was. You seem like you date annoying girls. Case and point, me."

I scrolled some more until a picture of a pretty girl showed up on my feed. I liked it and swiped left to a video of her doing the in my feelings challenge. I immediately turned the sound off and unlike it. He side-eyed me meaning he saw that.

I shrugged. "What? I'm really fucking tired of that song, and I haven't even heard the whole thing yet."

He nodded and checked his phone.

"Shit. Baby I gotta go stay with charm at the house. My mom got called back to the hospital."

"Why don't you just bring her here?" I tried not to pout. I really didn't want him to leave. I get so lonely without him here with me. I'm my most comfortable when I'm with him.

"Nah she can be a real handful at times. I don't wanna take advantage of your people."

"Ma!" I shouted to the other room.

"What girl child?"

"Can Tyrie please bring Charm to spend the night here?"

She came out wiping her hands on a towel. She had a scowl on her face that meant she wasn't up for my bullshit tonight. I was bold to assume that a black mother was going to let her daughter's boy friend stay the night, but it was worth a try. My dad is home so she'll be extra happy today.

"Why can't she be at her own home? And where puke Tyrie be staying for the night little girl?"

"Their mother just got called back to work at the hospital and won't be back for a long time, probably not until the next morning. I was hoping he could bring her to have dinner and they could both stay over tonight." I grinned and blinked my eyes at her. She wasn't budging at first. "I promise that's the only thing we're going to do. No funny business."

She thought on it for a second before nodding.

"Sure baby, but he sleeps downstairs or on the floor. No closed doors if he does. No funny business."

"I promise on my life. Thank you Mrs.B." Tyrie hugged her extra happily like she said he could move in indefinitely.

"You're welcome child." She side eyed us both for a while before nodding.

She left. He kissed me and grabbed his keys.

"It'll be a minute to pack us both a bag."

"Take your time." I sighed after him.

He didn't live far, so in about 35 minutes they were knocking at the front door.

"Charm!"

"Pretty T! I missed you!" A loud and tiny voice shouted.