She trailed behind him, looking around the narrow corridor. This place looked . . . Dangerous, maybe that was the safe part.

They entered into a room filled with masks.

(Y/N) marveled at the sight. "Wow. It's . . . Amazing." She breathed. The room was dimly lit and the masks were weird but at the same time so cool. She was practically bursting with excitement.

"Ahh. The human girl." A gruff voiced hummed. (Y/N) turned and saw a tall thin male with red and black ghoul eyes and piercings peering down at her. She gasped at his sudden appearance and jumped behind Ayato.

"We never make masks for humans Ayato. You sure you wanna do this?"

"She needs it and you can trust her." Ayato's voice was cold, not friendly, but not too hostile either. His eyes were narrowed at the red and black eyed man.

Uta smiled. "Of course."

He shifted his gaze over to (Y/N) and extended a hand for a greeting.

"Ask but don't touch." Ayato said in a low voice. His eyes were trained on Uta with a threatening glare. His jaws set.

"Of course." Uta nodded and dropped his hand to his side. Renji had spoken fondly of the human girl and even added that Ayato was very fond of her. Uta himself didn't know how close they really were until just now.

It was strange seeing a ghoul who hated humans extend even a sense of protectiveness towards a human girl.

Ayato turned to (Y/N) . "This is Uta he'll be making your mask."

(Y/N) timidly peaked from behind Ayato and waved. Uta smiled and waved back.

"Go on. I'll be right beside you." Ayato said. (Y/N) nodded and walked over to tall dark haired man.

He leaned forward, a bit too close as he peered at her. (Y/N) gulped, shifting awkwardly in her feet.

He finally leaned back with a thoughtful look on his face. "Would you like a whole mask, or a half mask?"

"Ummm . . . A whole please, or whichever you think would suit me." She replied.

He nodded and began walking towards the counter. "Follow me."

As he began making note of that (Y/N) turned around to see Ayato. He was walking around the shop, peering at the masks. She smiled.

He felt like he was being watched, and when he shifted his gaze lazily over to her she quickly looked back to Uta and pretended she wasn't staring at him.

Uta told her to take a seat and then began asking questions. That was when Ayato walled over to the two.

"What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"(F/C)." She replied instantly.

"What does meat pie taste like?"

"Umm, it's nice?" She said awkwardly.

"Hmm. Do you go out often?"

"It depends on the out you're talking about. Do you mean like, out as in outside, or out as in, on a date?"

He pressed the tip of his biro  lightly to his bottom lip in thought. Then he finally said, "out, as in on a date."

(Y/N) could feel Ayato's gaze burning the side of her face and that alone had her stammering. "D-do you mean like date, as in date with a boy on a specific specially planned day or like, uh, date as in a friend outing?"

"Date with a boy on a planned day."

(Y/N) thought of the question. It wasn't exactly relevant to making her mask, but then again this was a ghoul mask she was getting so maybe she needed to answer truthfully.