My present

"Wow you look so beautiful." Says John as he did my make up. It's been hours and we are still not done especially will hair and make up.

"Thanks." I say smiling.

Today is the biggest awards of the year. And I'm nominated in big categories. If just make me feel a little nervous.

Plus it's the first time that my mom and dad won't be here to accompany me. They usually are there for all the major awards. But thing time I'm going by myself and some firends.

I miss my mom and dad. Some of the downfall of having fame is always having to be away from family. But when dad or mom calls you to go back home... there is nothing more important than get there.

"Channel you mom is calling." Says Josie holding up my phone because I had John doing my hair, Lucy doing my hair, getting my nails done by and very popular nail tech.

"Yeah anwser." I say.

My mom popped up on the screen. She had on a shirt with my face on it and some popcorn on the table.

"Hi mom." I smiled brightly. I missed her so much.

"I heard about all your nominations you have this week for the award season and baby I just want to tell you have proud you make me. I know you are probably nervous being this is your first award show without your dad and I." She says. I got a little emotional. I wanted to be home with them. I missed them. "We are rooting for you."

My mom is always so nurturing to me. I asked my mom once why she love me as her child when she didn't give birth to me. She told me that you didn't need to give birth to nurture and raise a child. That she will always love me for being her daughter.

"Thanks mom." I say smiling.

"Honey your father and I have something to tell you about your old pack." She says looking up and scooting over so dad could sit next to her.

I didn't want anything to do with my old pack. Ever since I left i never checked up on them. I really left that part of my life behind. Plus it's not like I'm really dying to check up on them.

Dad chocked up.

"Wow you look so beautiful." He says. I smiled. My real dad never once told me i was pretty. He never once told me he loved me or how much i meant to him.

"Aww dad. I wish you two were here." I say sadly.

My mom smiled.

"Honey you are coming in two weeks back home for the holidays." She says. "We are going to turn up."

"Oh yas!" Says John while doing my contour.

John spends Christmas with us because his parents died in a car accident and he has no else to spend it with. He's like family. He basically at every family event even though he's human it's fine.

"Do you think I'll find my soulmate in a pack close to yours?" Asked John to my mom.

John as this thing for werewolf men. I don't blame them a lot of human men and women find the werewolf men and woman really good looking and vice versa. It's not rare for human and werewolves to be mates.

"What if it's a vampire?" Asked Lucy finishing my curl.

"Oh they are fucking fine but I'm scared of needles and shit." Says John. "They would bite my neck."

"So do werewolves when they mark their mate." I say.

"Yeah but it's only once imagine with a vampire everytime he's hungry." Says John cringing at the thought.

I shook my head. John is a hopeless romantic when it come to finding someone. I guess I'm like him in a way. I also want to find love.

Just the thought of someone to open up, kiss, connect with makes me sigh in sadness and want. All I want is to find love.

But being who i am. It's hard to find someone to who really wants you for who you are and not what you have. It just gets difficult. I don't want a gold digger or a man that wants me for my status.

"Mom what is it that you have to tell me?" I asked looking my at nail.

"After Christmas we are going to your old pack to help with a rogue problem that's been going on for the past months they have asked for our aid and the alpha as agreed and you are coming because we feel that you need to see you father who is on his deathbed." Says my dad.

It got quiet.

I could see everyone looking at eachother and not saying a word.

"Dad I don't want to see him." I say.

"Channel he is your father who's dying. You have to at least see him not saying forgive him but at least see him and hear what he has to say." Says my mom. "Your whole family has been constantly calling us to see if you are going to see him."

Then let them call. When i said I wasn't going to look back I meant it but now mom and dad want to do this to me.

Plus my father had told me I was his biggest dissapointement so why would he want to see his dissapointement?

"Fine dad but I'll only be there a week. Then I get back to LA." I say to him in which he smiled.

"That's my girl." He says.

"You are really strong honey." Says my mom. "You are going to kill it tonight. We will be watching."

My mom lifts her margarita drink. Which me and my glam team laugh.

"Alright I love you mom and dad."I say.

With that we hung up.

"Oh honey you are strong. You can face you douche bag of a mate again and you can face your asshole of a family. Trust me just act unbothered." Says John.

"Oh yes that gets everyone bothered." Says Lucy.

I laughed.

"I love you guys."

-----------------------------
"The winner for album of the year goes to... Channel Dela Ros!" I hear the presenter say. I stood up. I still couldnt believe I've won every award this night. I walked on stage to take my award.

I'm so blessed.
-------------------

Vote

Comment

Follow

D.D.S