1. Engagement of Prashant & Naina

Start from the beginning

"Namaste, Namaste....please welcome," chirped overenthusiastic Malvika, putting on her best smile. After the traditional welcome, all went inside the hotel which was modishly decorated with scented white roses and purple orchids. As soon as they entered, Malvika started introducing Shireen to several relatives. Prashant was also walking with Shireen, nodding his head at various introductions. He had no qualms when he heard someone whispering-"Mama's boy". Why should he? After all, she is his mother and pillar of strength and guidance in his life.

After introducing to thirty odd guests, Malvika regained her composure and asked in a low voice- "Where is Anikaa?"

"Anikaa is on her way. She will be here in few minutes," said Prashant.

Meanwhile, Nishant entered the grand hall of Hyatt hooked on his phone, trying his best to look busy.

"Hey bro, peri pauna aunty," he said before hugging Prashant and partially touching Shireen's feet.

"Where is Anikaa and Uncle?" asked Nishant with a sarcastic gleam in his eyes.

"Anikaa will be here soon and dad is standing with your father," pointed Prashant where Ramnik & Avinashh were standing with their group of friends.

Nishant skeptically looked at the group.

"Whoa, he looks awesome in black sherwani. You two always complement each other auntie!" remarked Nishant slyly, noticing the slight dislike crossing their faces. He knew that Ramnik and Shireen was not a happy couple and he liked to have his fun by bringing it up one way or the other. Their polar differences were much of an amusement for him and media where on several occasions they had speculated them to be divorced.

"No wonder Anikaa put him to his place," muttered Prashant under his breath.

"Hmmm....," agreed Shireen acknowledging his son's comments.

The flow of casual conversation began again; both the families welcomed key dignitaries and famous personalities who were invited in the engagement. Naina entered the hall, accompanied by her friends and cousins. She was made to notice by Malvika who pompously exclaimed- "Here comes our princess!" Naina walked to Shireen and Ramnik to get their blessings- slightly embarrassed by her mother's loud announcement. The conversations were now focussed on how the couple looked and everybody was silently waiting for one and only Anikaa.

Nishant was talking to one of his friends when Ria, his fiancée entered the party. She ran straight to Nishant and hugged him.

"Hey handsome! You look good," said Ria joyfully.

"Looking good yourself. Did you meet everyone?" asked Nishant abruptly.

Without waiting for her reply, he gently but imperiously grasped her elbow and steered her towards the family gathering of Mehras and Kapoors. Everyone knew Ria, so they greeted her with warmth and appreciated her appearance except Nishant (who hardly gave her a second look). She soon got in chitter- chatter with Naina and Shireen who were very fond of her.

In a matter of few minutes, the manager in-charge and few staff members scurried towards the entrance of the hall. Nishant breathed- "Here she comes!" Everyone's eyes went to the entrance where a tall, slim girl with pale white skin walked in. One of Nishant's business partners with a smirk on his face said- "Anikaa is hot!"

"She is Rachel, Anikaa's secretary," said Nishant and cocked his head to the right to see behind Rachel- "That's ANIKAA."

As Rachel, stepped forward, everyone could now see Anikaa. The hotel staff was already on their toes as she entered the hall, smiling and greeting her. She paused for a moment at the entrance and looked at everyone, as if making a hundred and eighty degrees inspection. Anikaa spotted her family and sauntered towards them, fully aware that the hall (now filled with low murmurs) was talking about her and all the eyes were following her. Accoutered in a light- golden lehenga, she looked exquisite with her subtle (but intricate) diamond jewellery which was rumoured to be the limited edition. She walked as if she owned the place- confidently taking one step after the other. Her gait exuded sensuality, authority that demanded natural attention and air of enigma- giving nothing away.