Chapter 21

Ms. Lero was having an average day. Going to work, coming back home to her kids and her husband, cooking dinner and putting them to bed. Then it repeats.

Everyday.

Every day was the same old thing to her, same depressed kids threatening to kill themselves but never have the guts to do it. Same old so-called popular kids, complaining about getting a Porsche instead of some sort of another car they so desperately wanted.

Ms. Lero had something a lot of people didn't have.

And that was patience.

She was very patient with others, understood them, listened. Although she at many times, have felt her opinion could be beneficial, she always tends to hold back.

Of course, she doesn't want to be the fault of a kid slitting their wrists at night. That would be a terrible thing to have on a resume, assuming she would get fired if she were blamed.

Ms. Lero never exactly wanted to be a school counselor. She wanted to be a therapist for others, not kids. It was a strange circumstance, but at least she was able to pay what she needed to pay off at home.

She was content with her life, happy with her boyfriend, who always took his time with her and never rushed her.

When the murders began to happen, it was then her chance to finally have more kids to talk to her. In the beginning, she had to go around in classes, giving lessons about different things that she could help kids out with.

No one cared. No one cared about a middle age lady talking about your feelings. Everyone was too focused on their electronic devices to even take one glance at the lady in front of them.

This was her chance, to finally do what she actually enjoyed doing. And that was helping people out. She finally had the chance to finally have kids come into their office to talk.

But instead, it was the polar opposite. Everyone avoided her office as if she was the plague. So when that young lady's friend committed suicide, she had to talk to the girl, Scarlet was her name.

But it didn't go quite as well as Ms. Lero hopes. And that was her last given chance at this. Maybe she wasn't met for this.

She walked up to the office that held the principal, her resignation in hand.

As she strolled into the office, the man looked up at her with questionable eyes. "I'm resigning." And with the these strolled out, not with a second thought.

Ms. Lore felt confident in herself with what she had just done. It was about time she had taken initiative.  She let so many people rule her life for way too long.

She slowly walked to her car, enjoying each and every second of it. That was until her phone rang.

Ms. Lore's battered hands reach into the pocket of her work pants, pulling it out slowly. She had nothing to worry about. She had white the job she had been terribly bored of and was beginning a new chapter in her life.

She looked down at the message, reading her boyfriend's name.

Ms. Lero rolled her eyes, knowing it was him just asking how it went possibly. She could easily tell him all about that once she got home. So instead she ignored the call. There was no point in answering when she could just tell him in person. Perhaps he would rather enjoy it in person anyways. It would make a better experience telling him

She drove home, taking her time with it. It felt nice to finally do something she so painfully wanted to do. The woman wasn't good with teenagers, always getting frustrated so quickly. They were too unbearable to help, complaining way too much.

Now that is was over, she felt the weight completely get off her chest.

Ms. Lero arrived home, with a large smile on her face. Her significant other was definitely going to be happy with what she had done.

The woman turned off her car, pulling the keys and out of the ignition then placing it in her bag.

She strolled up to her house, swinging the door open. "I'm home, Eric!" Her voice illuminating the home.

The response that came back to her was silence.

Eerie, irritable silence.

Her first thought was that Eric could be possibly asleep. So she closed the front door behind her, carefully walking up the stairs. She turned left, open the door slowly.

"Eric... stop sleeping. This is important!" She said in annoyance. Me. Lero was definitely annoyed by him sleeping. He knew he was an important day for her, so why would he be sleeping?

Ms. Lero definitely felt like something was wrong as she reaches his side of the bed. "Eric?" She shook him slightly. Without hesitation, she rolled him over, only to find something horrific.

Ms. Lero gaped, stepping back from her significant other. She had no words, except fear, had shaken through her body.

"N-no... this can't be." She said, trying to it some sort of logic in her head. Couldn't it possibly be real? Her mind was running a kinda minute as she hit her back against the wall of the other side of the room.

She was frozen in fear, but she needed to do something. She went to read in her phone but instead was hit by excruciating pain in her hand.

Her hand had completely exploded, destroying the phone that had been in her pocket as well. She cried out in pain, falling to the floor, crying.

She whined we, crying out for someone. The pain ran through her arm, all through her body. She couldn't focus on anything else besides the pan that was in her hand, or what was left of her hand.

Ms. Keri's eyes glanced down at her brutally mutilated hand and felt tears fall out harder than before.

"Look up at me slut." Her eyes wanting to stay away from the man's face that stood in front of her.

The man took a step closer.

"Do I need to fucking repeat myself? Look. At. Me." He cocked his gun once more, now aiming at her head.

Ms. Lero cried out louder, whimpering out the smallest pleas she could give out. Her eyes finally gave up and look at the man.

A lit cigarette hung out of his mouth, a gun in his hand, aimed at the woman. His chuckle echoed through the air then with a strong voice he said,

"This is going to be fun."
•••••
sorry for the late update!