Chapter 8

I sat down at the lunch table, directly in front of Ally. She was sitting by herself which was strange since usually, Melissa is also there too.

"Where's Mel?" I asked curiously.

"She's over there." her eyes went to the side. 

I turned around to see her sitting with Andy, talking to him. I bit my lip and looked away. 

"I'm gonna assume you did what she told you to do," Ally questioned, staring at me. 

"Of course. Girl code," I tried to laugh off, but it didn't seem to work. 

I looked down at the food I bought, but still, I wasn't hungry. 

Alison reached over and took one of my fries, but I didn't care. Usually, I would tell her to get her own, but at this point, I really didn't care. 

"What's wrong?" she munched on the fry obnoxiously. 

I looked at her like she was crazy,"Well, I don't know. I kind of saw a dead body!?" 

"Oh okay, no need to raise your voice. I know it was bad but it's over now. No need to dread on the past." she went to snatch another one of my fries, but I smacked her hand. "Hey!" she winced, taking her head back.

"Why the fuck did you guys leave me alone like that? I was all alone by myself when I pulled the bin away. You could've stayed but as always you went after Melissa. You didn't even think about helping!" I yelled, knowing that people would probably hear me.

"Shut up! No one needs to know that we were there." Ally mumbled. 

"You can't expect me to just forget about it. One of our damn teachers is dead! Get that through your thick head!" I raised my voice even louder.

She took a deep breath, glancing around us. 

I knew people were probably staring at us, preferably me. I was the girl that found the dead body after all.

"I didn't want to deal with it. I'm sorry." she murmured softly. 

"I want to hear that from Melissa also. It would've been better facing it with you guys than facing it alone. I thought you were my friend." I softened my voice.

"I am your friend, Scar." she went to lay a hand on mine, but I pulled away.

"Friends don't abandon each other. Even if one of them is scared." I growled, quickly lifting my tray up and marching to the trashcan.

I was beyond pissed. The fact that she had the never to tell me to fucking get over it. How can she expect me to just get over it?! Someone is dead.

This never ever happens in this town. Sure, people die of natural causes every day, but never once had there been a murder like this. Especially with the way the body was. It was almost like the person took pride in what they did. They took time carving away my teacher's body one by one.

It terrified me beyond compare. I couldn't stand how people were acting towards me. Either they wanted me to forget about it, or they were worried that I was going to crazy after seeing it! 

I felt sick to my stomach even thinking about it. I was tired of the image in my head appearing every single time there was a moment of silence. 

I reached the trash can and tossed away the food that wasn't even eaten. I hadn't been able to eat regularly since what had happened. I was seriously wondering how they were okay with everything. Although they didn't see everything I saw. They ran away before I could even pull the garbage bin away. 

The image of the head falling off continued to replay in my head over and over, like a video. I cringed and walked back over to the table, only to see Ally there. 

I looked at her curiously and continued to walk back to the table. As I got closer to the table I saw that Melissa was annoyed. Her face expressed anger which you never see her. Usually, she's either happy... when she's getting her way. That means that she didn't get her way this time. 

"What's going on?" I wondered as I stepped up to our table.

"He rejected me again," Melissa growled. 

I didn't say anything but look over to where Andy was sitting. He was no longer sitting there, the booth was completely empty. 

"Why?" Ally asked, rubbing on Melissa's shoulder to comfort her. 

"I don't know." her eyes darted to the side and aimed at me. "It was you wasn't it?"

I furrowed my eyebrows,"What are you talking about?"

"You ignored what I told you to do didn't you?!" she began to raise her voice like how I was earlier. 

"No, I told him that the girl code says all this shirt about it. He understands. He told me so." I quickly explained. "Even so, why would it matter if I did it or not?"

"Because you know I'm interested in him so you're just trying to take him for yourself." Melissa stood up.

"What the hell are you even talking about?! I told you he's all yours and I meant it when I said that." I repeated once more. "Even so, why did you leave when I asked for help with the man!?"

"Because that man was none of our business. If we had never found him, you wouldn't be acting this way!" she jabbered back at me. 

I couldn't believe what she was saying. The fact that she doesn't believe that I was telling the truth. Then again it was always like this. If Mel didn't get what she wanted, she would have a hissy fit. She could start rumors that could ruin your whole life. I knew that and that's why I almost always was careful around her. 

One word and your life could be over. 

She stared at me with fierce eyes, examining my face. "Did you tell him yes or no?"

I narrowed my eyes, slightly wanting to say no just because. But I knew if I did, I would be done for. 

"Yes, I did," I stated with confidence. 

She loosened up, but her eyes were still aimed at me. 

"If I see anything happening between you two, you'll know what will happen, Scarlet," she muttered and turned away. 

And just like I thought, Alison followed behind her quickly, leaving me by myself.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me and I knew I had to get out of there. I bit my lip and then paced out of there as fast as I could. 

*****

lol sorry I'm lazy to post chapters haha