Chapter 17

I knew at this point that there was definitely something going on between Andre- Andy, and I. Our relationship had changed from being just friends that talked sometimes, to now hanging out almost every day. He seemed to really care about me, and I hope it wasn't fake.

We never even spoke about the date that we had together. I didn't know if he wanted to talk about it or not, but I wanted to.

"Andy?" I announced suddenly as we were walking with me in gym class.

We were lucky that day that there was a substitute that didn't care what we're doing, so I didn't even bother changing. Andy never changed for gym, nor did he even volunteer to even try in gym. Still, in some way, he was able to get away with it. I didn't question it, mostly fearing of what the reason could be.

Why would I even have the fear I'm having right now? The existence of my fear is excruciating, ruining my every burning second of the day.

He lifted his head, letting his angelic eyes set on me. His eyes were clear, showing so much life and emotion. His eyes fluttered closed, shutting once before he shifted his position to me.

"What did that thing we did together count as?" I asked, showing aggressiveness in my voice. Sure, I was eager to find out, but I didn't mean to find myself showing so much aggression in such a question.

He stopped walking, moving into the corner of the gym, shielded away from the teacher who was on his phone. The light from the guy's phone was shown across his face, his smirk laid there disgustingly. It looked like he was watching porn... in the middle class.

I focused my direction back to Andy, who pulled us into the closet of the gym, shutting the door behind us.

"I didn't feel like having everyone's beady eyes staring us down. Even so, the teacher would've fucking yelled at us for not walking." Andy answered.

"Not like it matters, half of the people out there were sitting on the bleachers, staring at their phones. Basically strangling there phones tightly in their hands as if it were their life support." I murmured, adding a small laugh at the end.

"And I'm getting off topic once again..." I twirled around, clapping my hands to my cheeks and sighing forcibly. "Look, what did that..." I raised my hands to make quotation marks. "date mean? I've been thinking about it for so long and I still have no idea."

Andy smiled, lowering his head. He raised it and took a step forward, so I was against the wall, staring back at him. He laid his hand on my cheek, caressing it softly. His eyes showed gentleness and a hint of cold. I ignored what I saw and focused on what he was doing.

"Scarlet, you're so oblivious..." he muttered.

I focused on his face, trying to understand it. "Do you like me... or something?"

"Like is quite an understatement." he laughed, taking a step back.

I still didn't quite understand, what was he intending at this point.

"I love you, Scarlet," he said.

My mouth gaped open, unable to say any words. He loved me....?

"As in love? Like, love me?" I asked once more, feeling myself getting anxious just from the conversation we were having. 

"Yes, as in love." Andy chuckled, his laughter echoing in the closet.

"I-I don't know what to say.." I muttered, peering down, unsure if I should say something else. I did have feelings for this boy, but I wasn't ready to just tell him straight off the bat. But then again, if he has the same feelings as I do, shouldn't I go for it?

"You don't have to say anything. You don't even have to say it back... just know that I truly care about you... and I won't let anything... ever happened to you. I mean it when I say it." Andy interrupted my thoughts. 

I nodded, looking back up at him. It was incredibly sweet, something I was not used to. I didn't want to sound self-absorbed, but it was nice to know that I was finally getting the attention I craved. It wasn't just Alison and Melissa who we're getting it all the time. I wasn't the third wheel for once. 

And it made me happy. To know that someone truly cared about me, even when they've seen me at my worsts moments. 

Andy reached for my hand, squeezing it for a moment before letting go. I smiled, hoping he didn't see it as I thought about what had happened. 

"We should probably go back out there," I muttered softly, even though part of me wanted to stay with him in here. 

"You sound unsure, do you really want to?" Andy murmured, a small smirk appearing on his lips. 

I hesitated, my hand hovering over the doorknob leading out to the gym. Of course, I didn't want to be out there, doing laps around the gym. 

I wanted to be in here with Andy. I wanted to tell him how I truly felt. It was a strange feeling to have, the feeling creeping over your shoulder. Obviously, you know what's happening when you get that feeling.

It's the feeling of falling in love. 

I don't think people truly understand love until they learned to love someone. Sure, you could write it in books... describe what it feels... but unless you are with someone that you most dearly love, then you will understand. I think that's one of the things I wasn't ever used to. I've never truly fallen in love with someone.

Sure, there's been crushes I have, me being interested in another person, but it has never been real. 

This was real. And it was standing right behind me. 

I knew what I was going to do, and I wouldn't stop myself from doing it. I swiftly turned around, going up to grab Andy's face as I laid my lips on his. 

I made a choice for myself, and I had no idea if it was good or not.

please vote and comment what you think!