Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-Three

Diana's POV

I was sitting on the couch, flipping through channels on Eric's tv while he was in the kitchen doing whatever to whatever. Nothing good was on-- wait... GLEE!!!!!!!

I love Glee so much.

I gasped out loud, "Artie!!!!!!" I squealed.

Suddenly, Eric strode into the room, a scowl on his adorable face. "Why am I hearing another man's name coming out of your mouth?" He asked angrily.

I laughed and point at Artie who was currently in a close-up.

Eric let out a gust of air and I laughed even more. "Good, it's just some stupid freaky guy." He muttered, though I still heard him.

"Are you jealous my dear ducky?" I ask, amused.

He mimicks me. I ignore him and continue watching the show, until suddenly the screen goes black.

"Wha-wha-WHAT?! YOU DID NOT JUST DO THAT!" I yell.

He laughs. "So? Let's go upstairs." He suggests.

I cross my arms and stand my ground. "No. You are letting me watch Glee." I scowl at him.

He shrugs, "Well, if you don't want to know what the surprise is..." He trails off, looking at me from the corner of his eyes.

"There's a surprise?!!!!" My eyes widen as a grin spreads across my face.

He nods and my decision is made. "Fine, but only because I'm curious."

And then I follow him into his room.

"I'm curious, I wanna know how you look without your dress, when your make up's off, your hair's a mess, on top of me kissing my chest." He sang quietly, bobbing his head up and down.

I stare at him in horror. "Seriously? Are you really singing that song? Right now?" I ask.

He turned around and laughs, "Are you thinking about me with another girl?" He smirks.

I raise an eyebrow, but ask seriously, "Would you ever do that? You know... be with another girl while with me?"

His eyes widen and he takes my head in his head. "Diana, do you know that I've been in love with you since grade eight?" He asks.

Since grade eight?! Oh my.

"N-no..." I stutter, my eyes widen.

"Diana, I have waited so long for you to notice me. Do you realize why I never hug you on Hug day? Or why YOU'RE the one who has to to hug ME first? Do you realize why I'm always so careful around you and not anyone else? It's because I can lose my control, Diana. I love you too much to control myself. I need you so badly it hurts and you've never noticed until now." He tells me in a voice filled with such passion it shocks me.

How could I have never noticed this?

All these years I've always wondered why I was the one who had to hug him first on Hug day, or why he always stood at least two feet away from me when we're near each other.

I've always wondered... and the obvious answer was because...

Was because...

He loved me.

OH MY GOD HE LOVES ME!

I gasp as realization suddenly hit me, and hit me hard.

He loves me... and I love him back.

"Eric, I'm in love with you too." I speak, staring directly into his eyes.

His smile was brighter than the sun and he lifted me up in his arms before sitting me on the bed. "I bought you something!" he suddenly says before taking something out of a drawer.