Chapter 14

Chapter Fourteen

I couldn't move.  

I was stunned silent and every muscle in my body seemed to have frozen.  

"S-S-S-S-S-S-S-" I couldn't say it.  

"Just spit it out!" He yelled.  

"SOULMATES?!" My scream was so loud people from China would be able to hear it. Seriously.  

He looked down while wincing from my volume. "Yes." He whispered, much quieter compared to my yell.  

Soulmates. Blake is my soulmate.  

That's why I've been having dreams about him. That's why they come true.  

'The bound must go a path, where love replaces hate' Chase had said.  

It's a prophecy.  

Blake and I hate each other.  

Who's to think that our hate might change to love one day?  

"Does Blake know?" I asked.  

He shook his head, "No. His father knows about Blake's dreams about you. He knows it's because his soulmate is near. So when after a month he found out, his family moved over here so Blake could find you. His father wants the prophecy to come true."  

"But, why?"  

"When soulmates become fully bonded, their mind-reading ability gets stronger, and they inherit a new ability. I'm not sure how, but it happens. Blake is supposed to take his father's place as Elder of this Circle, and his father wants Blake to be powerful. It's always been his dream for Blake to find his soulmate. He's had a hard life." Chase explained.  

"A hard life?" I asked. What could possibly be hard for him? He has it all. Looks, money, power, and of course, a soulmate like me.  

Oh my goodness I'm turning into Blake.  

Okay, scratch that last part, that sounded completely self-centered.  

He smiled, "That's for me to know, and for you to find out."  

I punched him in the arm. "Ow." He complained, rubbing his arm, "has anyone ever told you, you have a killer punch?"  

I grinned widely, "Obviously. How else would I have learned my fighting skills if I don't practice?" I joked.  

"Damn girl, I gotta make sure I don't get on your bad side."  

I laughed and he joined in as well.  

An idea came to mind.  

Chase sighed, obviously listening in because he's a mean eavesdropper who can't resist the temptation!  

He chuckled but commented on my idea, "I'm not sure. It takes a long time to be able to shield your thoughts."  

"How long did it take you?"  

He smirked, "Two weeks."  

"Two weeks? That's long?" I mocked.  

He feigned hurt, "Hey, that's only because I had nothing to do on my spare time and I trained hard."  

"Mhm. Of course, you'd have nothing to do." I teased.  

"Well, it's better than having a crap load of stuff to do. I mean, what's better than relaxing?" He countered.  

"True, true. Well, at least you can kick back while watching me deal with Blake and his apparent 'awesomness'." I made air quotes around 'awesomness'.