Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

Kassiya's POV

Having someone else being able to read your mind is completely strange for me; especially when YOU'RE usually the one reading the person's mind.  

Well, I guess I know how Diana feels.  

Whenever I'd think of something while Chase explained to me about the... Circle, he'd comment on that thought and I would blush like crazy.  

Apparently, there are other mind readers out there.  

When the mind readers are born, they're minds are smarter than an average non-mind reader. They are immediately put into a school called Minders (weird, right?) and they learn how to shield their mind and block their thoughts from other people and a whole bunch of other stuff.  

Once they graduate, they join a group called the Circle. There are many different Circles from around the world and well... you already know about our past. That's right, Chase told me you knew *wink wink*.  

As he was near to finishing his explanation, I couldn't help but let my mind wander back to the dream.  

It had felt so weird, and it felt as if it had actually happened. I knew for sure that the little girl had been me and the little boy had been Blake... but I never even knew he existed when I was younger!  

Or did I?  

Argh, I hate trying to remember my past... it gives me a major--  

"Headache?" Chase finished for me.  

I gave him an annoyed look, "You could at least notify me when you're invading my internal space." I said.  

He chuckled, and I found myself drawn to his musical laughter. Chase looked at me weirdly and I realized he heard.  

I blushed, but then an idea came to mind.  

I quickly put it out of my head and set it to motion before he found out.  

Yeah, that's right. I was attracted to Chase's sweet, musical, hypnotising laughter.  

I peeked at Chase from the corner of my eye; he was watching me with an odd glint in his eyes. He's listening. Good.  

And then there's the way his midnight blue eyes sparkle when the sun hits it, making them seem brighter and glazed over.  

Chase was still staring at me, his eyes taking on some sort of emotion I couldn't understand.  

I stifled a smile and continued.  

Well, let's see. There's the way his ash blond hair hangs over his eyes sometimes... it makes me want to brush them away and feel his skin...  

And then there's his lips. They look so soft... and so inviting and alluring......  

Chase's breathing was coming heavier now and he unconsciously started leaning towards me........  

I mentally grinned.  

And then there's also the fact that he's an IRRITATING EAVESDROPPER WHO DESERVES WHAT HE JUST GOT!!!!!!!!  

Chase immediately jerked back, eyes wide in surprise as I grinned and started laughing my ass off.  

"What was that for?!" He yelled.  

I just laughed harder, holding my stomach tightly as I tried to breathe. "That's... what... you get... for... listening... to my.... thoughts!!!" I choked out between laughter.