Chapter 28

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Kassiya's POV

I gasped at Mr. Rivers' theory.
"Why would they attack the non-mind readers, though?" I asked, but I had an idea forming in my head. They could be planning revenge...
"Exactly that," he said, and I realized he had heard that last thought. "I think that's exactly why they are planning on attacking. The non-mind readers had split up the most amazing Circle of all time, and almost every mind reader who knows about that war wants revenge. The Control Circles are arrogant and greedy. They think that they can form a large group and kill all of the non-mind readers. They want to mess with their minds because that is how badly they feel the need for revenge." He explained, tapping his chin. His serious expression was beginning to freak me out.
I'm not used to wars and battles, and all of this serious business. I'm only sixteen! I should be focused on school, and friends, and simple things. Not worrying about a war that's about to come!
But I had to deal with the fact that I'm not normal. With abnormal powers comes an abnormal life - I should have already accepted that fact a while ago.
But I just couldn't wrap my mind around it.
I shook away my thoughts, knowing that Mr. Rivers had heard mental thing in my head just now.
I looked at the crinkled paper in my hands. The paper that held the knowledge we had and needed. If the last war had ended so badly... then how will this war turn out?
I sighed, my eyes scanning the words.

What will it be?
We all must wait.

Maya's POV

He was clueless.
"My family is coming over to visit me soon. They might be here this week, so I'm excited," I half-lied.
Eric nodded, still entranced. He had a smile playing at his lips as he said, "That's cool. Is it just, cousins and aunts and relatives like that?" He asked.
I smiled back, "Yeah, pretty much."
So unbelievably clueless.

He didn't know that it wasn't my family, exactly, that was coming over. It was actually the entire Contrust Circle. They were taking action quickly, but I just wanted to have a little fun before getting into the serious business.
After we had merged into the Control Circle, things for us became so much easier. Being a part of a Lust Circle isn't all fun and games, but I had to do what I had to do. And wanted to do. Before the Control Circle had come and persuaded my Elder to join their Circle, we used our Power excessively. We had games to see who could make the most people fall in them, including ones of the same sex. It was crazy, but it was fun. Now that we joined the Control Circle, almost everything is serious and strictly business. Their plan is complex, unbreakable, unfailable, it is foolproof to a point that I don't think they need to worry about it as much as they do.

Our plan will work.
So, I might as well just have some fun while waiting to take action.

Eric's POV

I feel like there's something missing, like I'm betraying someone.
I feel as if I'm doing something wrong, but what could be wrong about Maya?
She's perfect, and sexy as hell.
Something about her just draws the lust out of me, and I love it!
I want her to know everything about me...
"So, you've lived here for a while?" She asked, her smooth voice seductive.
I grinned at her, my eyes lazily roaming her. "Yeah, I was born here," I told her.
She looked at me from the corner of her eye, a corner of her red lips tilting up. "Where do you live?" She asked.
I didn't hesitate to answer, "I live just around the corner, actually."
We were nearing Angle St, where my house was place just seven houses away from where we where walking.
She smiled slyly, "I'll come by sometime, and you could show me around your house," she suggested.
I grinned. Score!
More like I'd be showing her around my bedroom.
I nodded, "You could come over this week, if you want," I offered, feeling very excited now.
She bit down on her full, red lips, looking at me through her mascara clumped lashes.
Flashes of very innapropriate scenes mashed together in my head.
Then she smiled sexily, "I'd like that, but don't you have a girlfriend?" She asked.
Did I?
I thought for a few seconds. Something was tugging at my mind, trying desperately to get me to look at an image I was too lazy to look at. I didn't feel like taking my focus away from this hot girl.
But.. did I have a girlfriend?
I laughed, "No, of course not."
Something twinkled in her eyes. She looked satisfied.
Probably because I'm single.
"Do you want to go get coffee with me sometime, then?" She offered.
A date?
Double score!
And then after the coffee, we could go back to my house...
I grinned happily, "Sure!"
Wait... don't I hate coffee?
Nah, she's too irresistable to hate something she wants.

Chase's POV

She was too in control.
I couldn't stop myself as the words just poured out my mouth, unstoppable, uncontrollable.
She was working my brain, now.
Laurelyn, the Control Member.
But could it be? Could she be one of the enemies? One of the mind readers who would start a war on the non-mind readers?
Because that is what the war is about.
A battle between the mind readers and the non-mind readers. The Control Circle wants revenge, and is forcing all other Circles to join them in their attack. They've already persuaded - no, controlled the Lust Circle to join them, and now they've become the Contrust Circle. They are going to come after the Strength Circle next, but the Strength Circle was already warned about them. They are a peace Circle, only wanting to reunite once again, but now that they know the Contrust Circle is coming for them, they've been on the run. Now, they are coming to our town.
The place where the war will take place.
This is where, joined together, the Control, Lust, and Strength Circle will battle the non-minde readers, and the Soulmate Circle. The Strength Circle may be strong and peacemakers, but they are very easily persuaded. They will eventually buckle into the Power of the Contrust Circle and become the Three Circles. Then, the Three Circles will attack us, because the Soulmate Circle will not bow down to their Power. We are much greater than them. We are united, along with our soulmates and Soulmates, we will defeat them.
But not even I, know whether we will win or not.