"Like stab people?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, I guess." I laughed.

"So, what's your element?" Jake turned to me.

"Well, that's where things got a little bit fucked." I began. "When I was first exposed to the Prometheum, my element was ice."

Jakes eyebrows shot up, but he didn't say anything.

"But, then I started to show signs of the fire element, too. Not only that, but there was something else inside me. Not technically an element, but still an element in its own right." I paused. "darkness and light."

Jakes eyebrows went up even higher. "Darkness? Isn't that like, really bad?"

"It was, yeah." I said. "I lost control a couple of times. But things are different now."

"How come you have it inside you, then?" He asked.

"Basically, long story short, someone else was doing something they shouldn't have been and made a deal with the darkness, but then it went wrong and ended up manifesting inside of me instead. Now, I made my own deal with it and I'm on a mission to get rid of it."

"Woah." Jake said, taking a moment to process what I just said. I mean, he was doing pretty well, anyway. He seemed to be taking it all in without doubting what I was saying. "Right." He said.

"The last time I lost control, I was with Ronan and David."

"David, as in personal tutor, David?"

I nodded. "Turns out his dad was an Argent, making him something called an Heir. That means some of the powers are inherited from the original Argent."

"Okay." Jake nodded, still following.

"Anyway, I was totally out of control, so David electrocuted me- "

"Wait." Jake said. "Your personal tutor electrocuted you?"

I nodded.

"Isn't that like, illegal?"

I laughed. "Well, I guess for normal people it would be."

"What did he electrocute you with?"

"Oh." I said, realising I missed out a bit. "David has the lightning element."

"Lightning." Jake whispered. "Jesus Christ." He shook his head, but let me continue.

"So, David electrocuted me and somehow woke up the lightning inside me."

"So you have three elements?" Jake asked. "How many are you supposed to have?"

"One." I said, and Jake laughed. "But, when I spoke to the darkness, he told me this prophecy thing."

I quickly ran back to my room and retrieved the piece of paper where I'd written the prophecy down, and handed it to Jake. He read it more than once, and then handed it back.

"So, you've already been chosen by ice, I take it?"

"Yeah, that was when I was stabbed."

"Scorched by fire?" He asked.

"Yeah, that's the one we're not quite sure about."

"You can't remember being scorched by fire?" He chuckled. "How could you forget something like that?"

I laughed. "I have no idea. But Ronan said some of these might be metaphorical, so I might not have been literally scorched by fire. Like I wasn't literally struck by lightning. I was just badly electrocuted."

"Okay, fair enough." Jake said, and sighed. "Okay, Mills, not being funny but what you just told me seems like a load of bullshit. I know I saw you earlier, but I'm not gonna believe anything until I see it up close."

I looked at him. "What do you want me to do?"

Jake took a look around the room, and picked up a half filled water bottle.

"Can you do something icy with this?" He handed it to me.

I smiled, and took the bottle. I then felt the ice rush through my arm and into the hand holding the bottle, before the water quickly froze and dispersed little ice crystals all over the bottle. I handed it back to Jake.

"Woah!" He said, picking up the now frozen water bottle. "That's incredible!"

I just laughed.

"Do something else!" He said excitedly.

I sighed, but decided to show off what I'd learned in the park with Ronan. In one hand, the ice sparked, and in the other I lit a flame. I then brought both elements together, and cupped the blue flame in both hands.

Jake just stared. "Holy shit." He said.

"Touch it." I said. "It won't burn."

He looked at me, and then back at the blue flame, before carefully reaching out to touch it. He put a finger through, and when he pulled it out, his skin was covered in little crystals of ice.

He laughed. "That has to be the most incredible thing I've ever seen."

I let the icy flame disappear.

"Look, Jake, I know this is a lot." I said. "But you can't tell anyone."

He nodded. "I know. Don't worry, Millie. I've seen all the movies. I know I can't tell anyone."

I chuckled. "Good. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I can't believe you've been through all that and none of us even had a clue."

"Well, you did." I said.

He shrugged. "I guess."

I yawned then. "If you have any more questions, just ask." I said. "But I'm pretty tired at the moment, and I have lectures tomorrow."

"Okay, cool." Jake said. "See you tomorrow."

I got up. "See ya." I waved, and had a quick shower before going to bed.

__________