Chapter Six

Dedicated to @Shadowolf1712

Word Count: 1009

I ran my hand through my blue hair as Adrien flirted with me. My heart was racing as he said some... suggestive material. His eyes were so full of light, so mischievous, that I knew for a fact that the man talking to me was Chat Noir. And he was on a mission to make me recognize him no matter what I had said.

With a sigh, I placed my head on my hand as I leaned on the table. He carried the conversation mostly by himself, with me only adding some witty comments here and there. It was infuriating. He was infuriating. Yet, I found myself with a small smile on my face.

Stupid Chat and his stupid likeable personality.

You just can't stay mad at him!

The bell rang and soon class had ended, my eyes wandered the students and eyed them for anything that could suggest that they were an Akuma as they walked by my desk. No such luck. Should've known it wouldn't have been that easy.

Good thing I love a challenge.

I hopped out of my seat and winked at Adrien -causing him to blush bright red,- before linking arms with my new found buddy, Alya. We walked out of class and once we got outside she waved goodbye and we went our separate ways.

My feet took me to my safe house as my head ran through the day. It was safe to say that it was very unproductive in terms of the mission. Personally, it was fine, I made some friends, found Chat Noir due to his unique voice, and even remembered my schedule by now.

But, in terms of the mission, it was a flop. We got lured out by Hawkmoth and I have no leads on who's working for him!

We do know one thing since it was in the file we were given, we're quite sure that the Akumas working for him aren't necessarily working for him because they're on their side, it's more like coercion than anything else.

I halted in my tracks when I saw a girl with blonde hair just sitting on the sidewalk. Her yellow jacket was blinding and I had to force myself not to look away from the shimmering jacket.

On instinct, I walked over to the girl to find her on the phone, but she seemed to have heard my footsteps as she whipped around and stared at me before ending the call abruptly.

"Uh, hi! Are you okay?" I awkwardly got out as she continued to stare at me. Once she said nothing, I continued,"I'm Marinette."

She whipped her high ponytail over her shoulder and gave me a questioning look, "I'm Chloe."

I scratched my head and shifted from foot to foot in discomfort, "Are you okay? You seem kind of down." My eyes scanned her once again before I placed her face, "Hey, you're in my class, aren't you?"

Her posture fixed itself and she gave me a condescending smile, "I'm absolutely perfect. And how should I know if you're in my class?" She leaned back onto her hands and stared forwards at the park across the street. "Well, I've got to go. See you later, Marmalade."

She got up and scampered away and I winced at how she butchered my name, "It's Marinette!"

"Whatever!" she exclaimed as she walked away to do gods know what.

Queen Bee's POV

I sat walked away from the Mari-girl as the phone call raced through my head.

"The Guardian, it's Queen Bee, I have interesting news." I informed him before toying with my hair.

"Queen Bee, couldn't have this waited for tonight for the group call?"

"It's too important, it can't wait. Plus, you'll see why I can't tell the group in a second." I replied, causing him to urge me to tell him the valuable information. "I have been approached by an Akuma to join the ranks. I said yes, and even if I didn't- they had information on me. Enough dirt to keep me in line. They even knew of my parents and how I'd run away. Thanks to your fake files though, the rest of the info is false." Stressed, I ran a hand through my hair, "I'm going to go undercover and see what I can dig up on the leader, Hawkmoth."

The Guardian just hummed as he took it all in. I flexed my hands anxiously as he thought of our next move. "Very good. We will keep this a secret from your comrades, it could compromise your identity." My ears perked and I whipped around to see a blue-haired girl looking at me worriedly. I turned around and whipped my eyes to make sure that no tears had fallen, before ending the call abruptly.

Sorry Guardian. It was an emergency.

My footsteps echoed as I walked back to my safe house. I shouldn't be this shaken up about a situation, but I was. I've been trained my entire lives to go into deep cover, but it's harder when you're basically all alone. When I went undercover before, I was with my comrades every step of the way, and even when I was on missions alone, they were never intense.

This, however, was the moment I've been working for. Completely isolated. Entirely on my own.

I've played chess for as long as I could remember, it was a good way to learn battle strategies and calculate the loss of your soldiers. But being on the front lines being able to do minimal damage was terrifying. It felt as if I was a Pawn facing the team's Queen all on my own.

I was going into the enemy's territory all by my lonesome, and I knew just what they could do if they found out who I really was.

My mind was made up and was calculating just what I'd have to do to make it through as an Akuma and stay both alive and undercover.

It would be the hardest mission yet, I could only hope that I would gain more than I would lose.

With that in mind, I walked faster to my house. The mission was only beginning.

-=-

Ahhh, I've

A) been cursed with allergies

B) got the stomach flu

C) cat sitting three cute cats (whom I am allergic to. Refer back to A)

It has been hell. ;-;

At least it's Sunday, which means it's close to Wednesday, which means Hunting Silence will be updated (anyone else read that? It's amazing). Fun fact- I actually have a main account where I write original content instead of fanfiction. I made this account because people I know and go to school with have that user and would probably make fun of me. So haha...

Well, that's it for this week. Until next time!

-SecretsInMyHead