Chapter 4: Corruption

Hiccup and Toothless had become accustomed to living in Asgard. It's feasts we're grand and it's people were grander. Thor and Loki has become their best friends. The four gods were always up to no good that they earned themselves the dreaded 4.

Loki was spontaneous and life was always exciting with him. Thor has a sense of seriousness, but his sense of humor vastly outweighed Loki's.

The dreaded four were on an assignment from Odin himself. They were supposed to kill Grimmel the Ghastly using any means nessacary.

Hiccup and toothless arrived first.

"Hey Grimmel, remember me," Hiccup said, smiling a dark smile.

"Oh, Hiccup, I know your a god," Grimmel started, "but I have received a blessing from Surtur and Hel themselves."

Grimmel pulled out a sword, etched with tunes and glowing.

"This sword has the ability to kill a god, but it will be slow."

Grimmel was lying. Hel and Surtur saw Hiccup as a useful tool, full of pent up anger and hatred. This sword could turn even the most righteous hearts evil. Hel planned to use hiccup as a pawn against Asgard so as to hasten Ragnorak.

"Oh please, I can take you Grimmel," Hiccup stated, knowing that the mortal had no chance against a god such as himself.

Grimmel laughed before disappearing into the shadows. He came up behind Hiccup and cut his back with the sword.

Hiccup collapsed, feeling a darkness come over him.

"You are so full of darkness Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. I can help you use it to get revenge on the ones who hurt you." A voice said,

"The gods don't like you, they cursed you, marked you for death. If they had cared about you, then why didn't they stop you from suffering for countless years of mistreatment from your village? Why did they let you shoot down your dragon who destined to be your friend? They hate you,"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" Hiccup screamed,
"YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MY LIFE IS LIKE!"

However even his own light was starting to fade. His mind gave into the poisonous words that Hel was telling him. The gods only showed him favor when he became one of them. They never tried to help him when he was being bullied or mistreated when he was still mortal, so why should he help them.

Hiccup felt almost all the light in his heart and soul leave him. Darkness and evil replaced it.

Hiccup closed his pine green eyes, only to open them seconds later to be replaced with cold, yellow eyes full of hate and anger.

TOOTHLESS POV

Toothless was worried about Hiccup. Through their bond, he sensed that Hiccup was going through some kind of internal struggle.

Toothless finally found Hiccup and landed behind him. He noticed Hiccup was radiating some sort of darkness off himself.

"H-Hiccup," Toothless asked, "are you okay?"

Hiccup had his back turned to Toothless. So he decided to answer his traitorous brother.

"Why didn't you ever try to take me away from Berk Toothless," Hiccup asked, "why didn't you at least try to take me away from that hellish place?"

Toothless knew that something was wrong with Hiccup. Hiccup didn't act like this at all.

"Hiccup, you never wanted me to, you wanted to try to convince Berk," Toothless responded,
"Hiccup you're not acting like yourself."

"Am I, you stupid, pathetic, miserable excuse of a reptile, am I? I felt more like myself than ever before. I should have killed you and cut out your heart when I had the chance. I hate seeing your face everyday and you make me sick," Hiccup snarled at Toothless.

Toothless had tears streaming down his face now. He knew this was not Hiccup, Hiccup would not say such hurtful things to him.

Loki and Thor arrived seeing a dark Hiccup and a crying Toothless. Loki sensed someone was playing with Hiccups mind, channeling his rage and anger into the things he loved the most.

"Who dares posses our friend," Thor bellowed.

Hiccup laughed a spine chilling laugh before turning around.

Everyone except Grimmel gasped at the sight of his eyes. They were a orange-yellow, full of hate and anger. There was a tiny spot of pine green in each iris.

"Hel only told me the truth. You all never cared about me." Hiccup said.

Hiccup had turned evil, and bringing him back was going to be tough.

Shoutout to Archie166  for inspiring me when I was about to unplug this story. You rock!