"Girl Hell no. I talked to Kofi and his friends."

I rolled my eyes.

"Did you have fun?" I asked.

"Did I?" She smiled. "It was nice. I think we on a friendly level."

I nodded. "Sounds like you're in the safe zone."

"I guess. Let's go talk to them."

"Nope." I shook my head. No way I'm talking to him. That guy is terrifying.

"Ugh. I figured you'd say that. That's why I told his friend Ant that they should come sit with us." She smirked.

"Oh okay." I nodded.

"Here they come." She shook in her seat.

"That's my cue." I raised from my seat.

"No it's not." She pulled me back down causing me to mug her unintentionally.

"Wassup Deja?" The guy I'm guessing is Ant smiled as he sat down across from her.

He was a bit tall, pretty muscular, tattoos, brown skin, waves, brown eyes, he was an okay guy.

"Hey Ant." Deja blushed and her cheeks were a little red since she was light skinned. "Hey Kofi." She spoke to him.

He was sitting across from me and his iPhone 8+ had his full attention.

"Wassup." He mumbled, not taking his eyes off of his screen for a second. I thought it was pretty rude of him but I wouldn't dare say anything to him.

Deja and the Ant guy started their own conversation leaving me both feeling and looking awkward.

"My bad y'all. This my girl." Deja smiled over at me and I stared at her like I wanted to kill her.

"Wassup? I'm Antwon." The guy nodded at me.

"Zaidee." I gave him a small smile before throwing my attention to my nails.

"We'll be right back Zai." Deja tapped my shoulder before her and Antwon got up and left the whole cafeteria before I could even say anything.

Great. That's my best friend. Never leaving me in front of the scariest guy in our whole freaking school. She right by my side. Great.

My heart beat picked up a little and my eyes landed on the guy sitting across from me. As bad as I wanted to, I couldn't look away.

I studied his features. His pretty caramel skin was flawless, his brown orbs looked cold and ruthless, his bushy eyebrows were perfect, he had a nice beard that I'm guessing he grew while he was locked up, his lips were pink and plump and his tattoos were beautiful, his body was very muscular but I'm guessing that's from working out while being locked up.

 His pretty caramel skin was flawless, his brown orbs looked cold and ruthless, his bushy eyebrows were perfect, he had a nice beard that I'm guessing he grew while he was locked up, his lips were pink and plump and his tattoos were beautiful, his...

I just don't understand why he gets into so much trouble-

"The fuck you starin' at me for?"

My eyes widened as his voice came out low and cold. Even the way he was looking at me was cold and careless.

I thought he was so caught up in his phone that he had shut the world around him out and whatever was on his screen was his main focus. Maybe my stare was too intense?

I quickly shifted my gaze elsewhere not wanting to start anything with him.

I didn't even have an answer to his question. I didn't know why I was staring at him. It just happened.

"Sorry." I mumbled, feeling like I owed him an apology.

He didn't respond and I didn't bother looking his way to see why he didn't.